Took sleds in 2300$$$ are you crazy

SRTCummins

Took the vmax in for the excessive drag and they told me 5 new idler wheels, Hyfax, and carb rebuild and synch for 2300$$ are they out of their minds!?

jesus, I guess I dont charge enough for my work. Seriously, buy yourself a parts suspension, find a bearing supplier buy a bunch of bearings. Theres you idler wheel problem fixed. Carb synch and cleaning, send em to Al. P. Max cost for all that about $250. That's A far cry from that foolish price, dealers are out of their minds. Oh and hyfax, they can be had here for $50 or so, they are a joke to install. Getting the old ones off is a more difficult job.

SRT...yea, let us know where you got that suuuuper high dollar estimate....nutzz. Obviously they didn't want to work on the big max as that was the "I don't want the job" price!!

They are probably slammed as most shops are this time of year...

KW cycle here in michigan. And I'm an hour from flint I'll be up around there this weekend for the chili cook off on one of the lakes nearby. But they said I need new needle seat assemblies for the carbs as well as a rebuild for all of em. I dumb struck about this lmao I took it in for a the dragging and they say I need all of this. Bullcrap!!!

I'm going to do it all my self but the synch I'm gonna need help with I may just send it in like rustman stated

Take the hole sled to Al p to look at, just PM him, he will tell you what you need or don't need, great guy

Bring it here to flint..I got wheels, bearings etc..we`ll get it taken care of quick..I`m not worried about making money on it..

I/we can get your carbs taken care of no problem..that place you took it to is crazy.....

+1 on taking it to Al P. He is good people. I once had a barber charge me extra to fix my wifes botched attempt at cutting my hair... it was worth every penny...

Opsled ... I admire your restraint. You inspire me to be a better man. Hahaa

Back