TORS problems

sookyz

So I bought a vmax4 750 about 2 weeks ago. Brought it home and upon startup I found it only seemed to run with the choke on fully or half way, but when I shut the choke off completely it would run for about 5-15 seconds before the engine would start to die. I took the carburetors off today and cleaned all 4 of those bastards. The jets were a bit dirty but thats what i focused on mostly and afterwards upon starting it and running it for a while to warm up, the sled ran fine without the choke. However, at one point I cracked the throttle open and for a few seconds i held it, upon slowing down the engine started to bog if i gave it any throttle, would only be okay from 0-3000 RPM but any more than that it would start to die. Then a few seconds later I took off and it was okay again... Drove it for a bit and it was fine, but im still concerned. Any ideas? I know that the TORS will not let your engine run past 3000 RPM if it detects any problems within the carbs or whatever... but why would it go away after and run fine again??

My T.O.R.S. was disconnected before my first ride although I will not encourage the disconnection of any safety item....

The disconnecting of any safety item is not advised, as it was put there for a reason. disconnecting of the TORS should only be done by a professional and only if a backup safety device is in place.

There are many threads on TOrs click on search and enter TORS and you will get a lot of info.

Eric

Back