TORS

mark the shark

Staff member
Is the TORS light on the dash coming on? If the thumb throttle on the handlebar isn't operating properly it will cause symptoms like you have. Sometimes it takes a little shot of silicone or teflon spray to get it loosened up.
tors1.jpg
tors2.jpg

Shark

Attachments

• 2-14.jpg
    2-14.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 2-15.jpg
    2-15.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 130

Mark what are your thoughts of by passing the TORS, simply wiring change? I haven't done this, or will a Yamaha Dealer, but I was shown this and eliminates the issue of the throtle which can be annoying. Anybody have thoughts on this, is this a good thing to do or not?

I feel that Yamaha put it on the sled for a reason and I'm not gonna mess with it. That's just me. There have been a few times that mine has acted up, but it's usually just the thumb lever sticking. A lot of guys have bypassed it and you can find a lot of information here by doing a search.

Shark

by-passing is done by plugging the two harness wires together, unplug from carb rack and plug into each other. TORS is a very good safety feature however and in my opinion should only be unhooked for diagnostic purposes.

Back