Track and studs for grass drags

Roadrunner

Can anyone tell me the best track ( size and manufacturer) for grass drags. Also, what type of studs ( size, how many, etc. ) would be the best to get?

Thanks for any help.

Kahunas - I am very new at this, so I hope with the knowledge that the racers have, they will be patient and help me out - so the question I have about these tracks.

Will they work with extrovert drivers? Do racers drill there own holes in these tracks or do they come with holes for the chisels? I have searched for pricing but I have not really saw prices on these tracks - do you have idea what pricing are for these tracks?

I really need the help on this for my next project sled!

Thanks

Last edited:
As far as pricing, I don't have a clue. Watch eBay for these tracks. They come up once in a while, sometimes studded and ready to go.
They will work with extroverts if you get a track that is fully clipped.
Yes, you have to drill all the holes for the studs.
This track will not work with extroverts, but I found it in about 30 seconds on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Camo...77447158QQptZSnowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Here is another that would work with extroverts.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAMO...12164270QQptZSnowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

You don't need to do anyting with the skis. Just get your suspension set so the skis barely lift and there will not be much weight on them.

Doug...I hope you don`t mind me jumping in on this thread?...

While on the subject of suspension and ski lifting etc...
Here`s something I`ve found not long ago while searching the net on the subject..

(cut & paste)
Suspension And Chassis Prep
Weight transfer is perhaps the most important part of setup for a grass drag sled because it helps the sled hook up and accelerate. An ideal setup allows the sled to transfer weight quickly at take off with the skis 1 to 2 inches off the ground and hold them there until the end of the run. If the skis touch the ground, the drag will slow the sled. Too much transfer would raise the front too far and not allow enough of the track to touch the ground for traction.

To check weight transfer, the driver should sit in ready position while a helper lifts on the front bumper. The front of the sled should lift fairly easy until the skis are up to 2 inches off the ground. At that point, the lift should require more effort. If this happens, it means the sled will transfer weight correctly, but stop the transfer with the skis hovering above the ground.

The correct transfer is set by lowering the front end and the back half of the rear suspension. The sled should be set as low as possible. The front can be lowered by installing soft springs, short shocks or by compressing the shocks with chains or straps. Shock spacers are the best way to lower a sled, but the shocks will have to be disassembled. Expect to pay a shop about $100 to install a set of spacers. Using straps to tie down the front end is cheap and easy, but it reduces suspension effectiveness

If you are interested in a speed track I have a Camo. speed track for sale. It is loaded up with chisels, no ripouts or tears track is excellent, studs aren't bad but could use replacing however a goog sharpening would get you goin. Give me a day or 2 and will try to get a pic.

Back