Trade 89A Belt for 8BU?

RX1

I know it's probably a long shot, but I've heard of some people with the 750's having better luck with the 89A belt, mine's brand new, and has been in the spare belt holder for ever......If there's anybody out there with a new/fairly new 8BU, that prefers the 89A, I'll trade you straight up, I'll ship to you, you ship back. Thanks.

you know what..I would go for that. I used to have an 89a on my 750, and loved it, but I got stuck a little and well I smoked it a little bit. I have it kicking around for a spare but I bought a few new 8bu's last year. They are all out of the package but I assure you they are brand new and unused, been hanging in my shed since I bought them. I find that the 8bu's squeal a little when idleing whereas the 89a I had never made a sound.

-Rustman

what is the difference between the 2? they are the same length arent they? i bought a 8bu over the summer and was planning on running it instead of the aftermarket ones that came with the sled but now you guys have me confused, my sled is a 93 did i screw up?

as far as i know, i dont mind being corrected, they are the same dimensions. 8bu replaced 89a. The only difference I think is in the compound of the belt. Hopefully someone can confirm or correct this.

-Rustman

I'd trade you, we'll just have to find out what shipping will be back and forth.

You still up for this? I would imagine we could stick these in flat rate boxes, and it would be like $6 back and forth if they fit in the box I'm thinking of......

i am in canada so if shipping is that cheap i'll be surprised. My postal code is e3b9b8 if you wanna check it out. I dont mind doing this at all, i just dont want to get reamed on shipping.

-Rustman

I just checked.....Shipping would be like 26 bux from me to you, so I don't really think it's worth it to me.......If there's anybody in the states that want's to do this, I'd be more than willing to trade.....

thats kind of what I was figuring, sure is awesome to live only an hour from the U.S but shipping prices about triple to make it that extra 60 miles. Im no businessologist so I'm sure I'll never understand the complexities and implications of moving a package another 60 miles but going from 6 bux to ship within the states and then adding 20 dollars to go another 60 miles is dumb. I thought William Shatner changed the world, where the hell are those transporters he used all the time. Whatever happened to FREE trade..must have been a type-o. They really meant FEE trade and we went for it.

-Rustman

Well, it didn't fit in the box I initially thought it would have, the only flat-rate box it fit in cost 26 bux to go to Canada......

Back