Turbo not running right

Chris

Just got my turbo set up done on my vmax 4 its a aero charger kit and i have the manifold vacuum going to the rear of the regulator n the air box one going to the front of the regulator as soonas u give it any gas it falls on its face boggs out , doesnt seem to be building boost any ideas would be greatly appriciated

Ive never worked on a turbo for a sled, but it sounds like a plumbing issue. Do you have a vacuume gauge? Whats the wast gate doing when you get on the throttle? Did you try aero chargers site?

Let me know how it works when you get it running right. Ive often considered bolting one on myself.

Last edited:
fuel pump isnt coming on so its not hitting 2 psi boost gauge isnt moving at all no clue whats going on

yes i do i can jump the hobbsand it comes on i ca neven bllow on the hobbs switch and the fuel pump comes on

You need to bypass or vent some vacume of this is done threw a high low boost switch is it working correct. and test it with heated pipes. how did you lower your engine compression extra head gasket or 92 pistons? whats engine compression now?

did i confuse you? did you get it figured out? if i ran full vacume to my turbo it would fall on its face, when your running boost you need to lower your compression on motor to be safe. you can do this buy adding a extra head gasket or using the 92 piston had a lower comp i beleive it works on the 750. The 800 use double head gasket, make sure the waste gate is operating. also check that box is sealed very good. try pluging vacume off running it if it runs normal cool then its to much vacume and you need to vent some off. I'm pretty sure aero used high low switch and all it was a tee that had two holes in it low boost both were exposed high boost only one was exposed it was kinda like jetting you could drill the hole out a bit to change the flow rate. hope this helps ben a while since i sold my turbo ended up with 22 pounds of boost. sure miss it.

Hey chris,
go to You Tube and type in aerocharger controller setup. there is a very nice 9 minute video on controller setup. I watched it a few times now trying to make
my **cking turbo go faster than the stock one I sold:(( Got 85 miles on it tryed may things very disappointed right now. I also have the aerocharger distructions
for fitting the kit another great member gAVE me recently. need to scann and post

Kirk
detroit

If it`s and aerocharger 53 it`s got to have a controller on side of turbo. did you take just a minute and Watch what i said??
It`s what the vacum hose hooks toooo.

the only one i could find is the new style boost contoler , not the older one with the 2 set screws and the 2 vacuum ports

Yes, I believe so.... it is nothing more than 2 different size holes that bleed off some of the boost pressure signal going to the controller tricking it if you will to allow a higher boost pressure. some people call them a high low switch.

kirk

ohh ok got ya so if i dont have it it will put out a little more boost , i think this thing maxed out will only put out 8 psi or so i think , but i think i figured out the problem theres the over flows off the carbs i didnt know you had to hook them up to the air box . . .. i tought about it if it has 8 psi going threw the carb it would push the fuel down not letting the fuel come out , , , if i hook the over flows to the air box it will put the 8 psi into the bowl as well, , , , making it equalize the pressure this is where they go is on the air box right ?

Back