turbo piston ?

Gunde

I am looking for a set of vmax4 750 TURBO pistons. Wondering if anybody has any or knows of anyone

Wiseco?

According to my aerocharger book, for the 750 they used '92 pistons because they had lower compression. Not sure if that is what you need or not. Check the bore and maybe someone has some pistons that will work for you. There are a lot of guys on here that know a lot more about turbos than me.

The only difference with the Wiseco 750cc V-4 "turbo" pistons is that they had a flatter dome and thicker ring landing. They were designed by First Choice Turbos back in the day and even though they are defunct, you would still need permission to have them duplicated by Wiseco, then plan on buying (8) sets of them from Wiseco for their minimal production order.

If your going to keep it under 12-psi of boost, then just find a good set of stock 750 pistons, send them to Swains Tech Coatings and get the PC-9 skirt coating and "Gold" coating on the domes and have fun.

Back in the day, the reason why the '92's were a good candidate for turbocharging was they had factory lower compression, very moderate port timing specs, and a real lazy timing curve that worked well with the little Aerodyne Series 53 turbos. Personally, I like the port timing of the '93's and '94's better, just use the '95-'97 8BU CDI box. The only reason the '93-'94's weren't good candidates is that their CDI boxes had a nasty timing spike that caused detonation.

Last edited:
On the 750 set up, I'd shoot for a GTX2863R or a GT2871R. (2) GT2554R's will be very laggy on the 750. As far as pistons over 12-psi, look for a nice set of double ring Wiseco's, similar to a stock piston; no single ring Prolites or boost ports.

On a 750 set up, that would put you at a P/R of about 2.42 @ 21-psi of boost for about 350HP. I'd definitely go with a GTX2863R with a .86 A/R turbine housing. 2.42 P/R at 35 lbs p/min is a sweet spot for that turbo, and stays away from the maps surge line all the way to 400HP. For drags, anything bigger on that 750 will sacrifice bottom-end response. Good luck!

Justin with the piston and cylinder selections used in the past for boosted max's I would think compression ratio would still be around 10-1. I have planned to run a far lower compression ratio then that. Looking at 7.5-8.5 to 1. With high boost levels I would think 10-1 would be trouble!!!

It didn't like the window pistons as much as non window 92 pistons. The 92 pistons made more power with the same boost from what I remember. That was a long time ago tho..

On a 750 set up, that would put you at a P/R of about 2.42 @ 21-psi of boost for about 350HP. I'd definitely go with a GTX2863R with a .86 A/R turbine housing. 2.42 P/R at 35 lbs p/min is a sweet spot for that turbo, and stays away from the maps surge line all the way to 400HP. For drags, anything bigger on that 750 will sacrifice bottom-end response. Good luck!

35 lbs/minute airflow at 12:1 AF ratio gives 2,92 lbs/minute fuel flow and thus 175,2 lbs/hour of fuel flow. This will at a BSFC of 0,65 lbs/hph give a power of 269hp.....

Back