UP under winter storm warning!!

mark the shark said:
Let's go!

Shark

If they would not have lost all their snow/base I would seriously consider it.

Oh well just another reason to dream about living up there!

Blizzard warning for Keweenaw Peninsula:

Blizzard Warning

/O.CON.KMQT.BZ.W.0002.000000T0000Z- 070405T0000Z/ KEWEENAW-NORTHERN HOUGHTON- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... COPPER HARBOR...HOUGHTON...HANCOCK 414 PM EDT TUE APR 3 2007

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT WEDNESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MARQUETTE CONTINUES A BLIZZARD WARNING...WHICH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT WEDNESDAY.

SNOW...FALLING HEAVY AT TIMES THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...WILL PRODUCE ANOTHER 8 TO 12 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. RATES OF ONE INCH PER HOUR OR MORE ARE POSSIBLE. IN ADDITION...WINDS WILL INCREASE LATE THIS EVENING WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH...RESULTING IN BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AND VISIBILITIES NEAR ZERO AT TIMES. THE GREATEST SNOW AMOUNTS WILL BE ALONG THE HIGHER TERRAIN FROM TWIN LAKES THROUGH PAINESDALE TO MOHAWK AND PHOENIX. SNOW WILL BEGIN TO DIMINISH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON...THOUGH WINDY CONDITIONS WILL PERSIST INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS...MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY. ALSO...GIVEN THE EXPECTED WET SNOW AND STRONG WINDS...POWER OUTAGES ARE POSSIBLE.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/local/USMI0405?from=search_city

Shark

They are now talking about a foot plus for us as well by the weekend, I will believe it when I see it!

i cant see my neighbors house and there like 100ft or less away....

yesterday i was 3 wheelin with absolutely no snow, now there huge blizzard rofl

we got so mutch snow today, my brother lives in gulliver and him and a friend went sledding in his yard/field, we just need a decent base =[

Thanks for the link. I was wondering how much they ended up with. Looks like an interesting paper. I'll have to check it out some more later on.

Shark

Made it back!

We went up on thursday night and rode all friday.Some areas were pretty sketchey in the popular fuel stations but trails were in decent shape for no grooming.The temps topped at 48 on friday and 58 on sat so we were done at noon.We did howener have a backup plan and went back to Todd's place and went out on the Sportsmans for the rest of the day.In all there were some places were you had to ditchbang to get to the trails but in the woods was still good,We put on about 200 miles and the sled needs a good cleaning.
Friday we left from Seney trail head north towards Grand Marais(NO good in town)Then through to Pine Stump JCT headind south to trail 9.Things got interesting here,We rolled up to a spot that had some open water for about 60 yds.There were 2 guys pulling a sled out of 3 ft of water,They had tried to go along side but rolled one machine upside down into the drink.We helped them out of the water and made sure they were ok and did some water skipping,It was my first time so I was skeptical but I made it without issue.
We later found out the 2 guys had blown up both their sleds getting into pine stump.I for got my camera on both rides so I am an Idiot,I did get some pics of thursday night when we got stuck in my buddies yard with the truck and trailer.The snow was a least 2ft deep,His inlaws live rite next door so we had some help getting out.
SORRY FOR NO PICS:frech32:

Back