V-max 4 help!

Good luck with it, I will tell ya that rear suspension while great for trails,will kill your speed in a drag race. Let me know if you ever decide to sell the sled. (and try that puller you already own,betcha it works)

Good luck with it, I will tell ya that rear suspension while great for trails,will kill your speed in a drag race. Let me know if you ever decide to sell the sled. (and try that puller you already own,betcha it works)

Actually I did and it started to strip the threads on the bottom of the threads on the puller so I backed it out, like Tony said it will not work I'm ordering one from Micro belmont as Tony suggested

I will take pictures of the clutch today

I suggest you not look into a 180 degree crank twist until you can come up with a cdi box that supports it! The 180 degree out certainly will wake your sled up some, but there's a whole lot more you need to do to get the true benefit from 2 cylinders hitting at once.

it was just question on what the procedure was, don't think I'll ever get it done to tell u the truth and as far as my clutch problem it is a stock primary for a 92 750 but still looking for a 800 clutch

Last edited:
Go here http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/home.aspx follow the instructions

and check part #'s.

Many parts on the 800 clutches are the same as other models. Don't assume you have the wrong clutch. With the miles you have on that sled I find it hard to believe the clutch has been changed.

Calibration #'s should be 8Bu but sheave and other #'s may be something else.

opsled

PS. I have no desire to own a 97 or to piss you off. If you want to race a 4 you can go faster with less $ on a 95-96 because of suspension changes to the 97. 97 is is a rare bird. Will keep going up in value. 4's are animals to their own and in the right hands still kickin ass even though outdated. That sled doesn't need to be on the track to win accolades.

Opsled (Phil) Don,t you people have a presidential election coming up soon? You should run as I think you would get the majority of votes. You and your "one liners" LOL. I know you would get my vote. By the way your last paragraph on the above post is very well said and agree whole heartidly that needavmax4,s 97 isn,t the best choice for racing. Just a suggestion that maybe a member on here with a Vmax4 all dialed in properly, maybe a trade could happen here if needavmax4 wanted an alredy set up race sled? Just a suggestion, and just throwing that out there....Rob.

Bottom line this is your sled to do with whatever you want. I understand your enthusiasm if you go onto the hardcore sledders.com website they have a section in there for Manitoba. There you can get the info you need to run your sled in the class you want. If you start monkeying with the motor you will be in the improved stock class where you will have to do a ton to your sled to be competitive. In my opinion stay stock and learn lots and have fun.

P,S DON'T TRADE THIS SLED!!!!! sell it first and I will take it.
If you need help with parts or work on your sled, PM me I can give you a number of a guy that should get you on your way, just trying to help. He can also get you setup for racing.
G

Last edited:
Bottom line this is your sled to do with whatever you want. I understand your enthusiasm if you go onto the hardcore sledders.com website they have a section in there for Manitoba. There you can get the info you need to run your sled in the class you want. If you start monkeying with the motor you will be in the improved stock class where you will have to do a ton to your sled to be competitive. In my opinion stay stock and learn lots and have fun.

P,S DON'T TRADE THIS SLED!!!!! sell it first and I will take it.
If you need help with parts or work on your sled, PM me I can give you a number of a guy that should get you on your way, just trying to help. He can also get you setup for racing.
G

I'm a member on there, and I do race every weekend in Manitoba with my SRX, we travel to Sask to race there also

Here's a couple of pictures of the clutch that was on my 800 one of the primary and one of the secondary

Attachments

• 2012_1009Dawsonski0050 (Small).JPG
    2012_1009Dawsonski0050 (Small).JPG
    57 KB · Views: 116
  • 2012_1009Dawsonski0053 (Small).JPG
    2012_1009Dawsonski0053 (Small).JPG
    38 KB · Views: 118
Go here http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/home.aspx follow the instructions

and check part #'s.

Many parts on the 800 clutches are the same as other models. Don't assume you have the wrong clutch. With the miles you have on that sled I find it hard to believe the clutch has been changed.

Calibration #'s should be 8Bu but sheave and other #'s may be something else.

opsled

PS. I have no desire to own a 97 or to piss you off. If you want to race a 4 you can go faster with less $ on a 95-96 because of suspension changes to the 97. 97 is is a rare bird. Will keep going up in value. 4's are animals to their own and in the right hands still kickin ass even though outdated. That sled doesn't need to be on the track to win accolades.

the number for the primary is 88R with 89A weights pink dot primary spring and 8BV-30 Helix

Last edited:
I just got back from hill climbing and I've had it for 13 years and second jug from pull cord started nocking so I shut her down and got pulled out looking on getting motor re built to turbo the monster to kick four stroke ass sorry for language I need some leads thank you

Back