V Max 4 Radar run project

Jabber800

I'm starting a new sled build for radar runs this winter. I purchased a sled from a former member here that he had started on. When I got it, it was in pieces. He had accumulated a lot of good parts but had a long way to go to get the sled to completion. Here is a picture of the chassis as it sits now. It has a wahl suspension with extrovert drivers and light weight shafts. Some good things for radar running and some not. I will post more pics as I progress with the project?

27d1e751aaa6dc4ad90c1486f3653614.jpg

One of the engine on the bench. Measuring ports and making plans for the overall engine set up.

Last edited:

What are the trenched out areas inside the case on the carb side for? Got some pics of the bottom side of your cylinders?

Do you know what they are for then???????If not,I'd like to see the jugs he is using as I think these trenches may match up to underside of cylinders.Sorry to offend you with my question dominicturbo.
Apsley Max just with this picture you see all you need. Not neserray to see more for.

I'd be interested in knowing what they're for, also. I've never had my engine apart. I could set up, program, and machine that whole case, but once I started taking it apart I'd be lost. I'd have to come to vmax4.com for help to get it back together!

Shark

Mark, Just with this picture you see all you need. Not neserray to see more for

Sorry I couldn't resist LOL

Jamie it definitely is not a zero deck set up. This engine has been decked to reduce the machining required on the head. This is not my personally choice as best way to do this.
The machined groove is an additional port cut into the intake side. This is cut right through the reed housing section of the cylinder as well. Very helpful in a high rpm engine.

Well it's back to work on the v max project after a weekend of Dyno tuning our supercharged Apex. Thx to Dave Marshall at Hurricane performance for helping us make over 350hp on our 4 stroker.
Here are a couple pictures of the cylinders. The porting spec I won't be detailing but you can see they have had a lot of work and yet more to come!

3619ae72f3e0582fa2836061612c0cbd.jpg

a85b8c7d9051ba0dceda45464f5f07eb.jpg

Well it's been a very busy last few months! I have not spent any time on this project. That being said its time to step it up and get this sled running. I will be posting more pics this week as we try to get this sled running for next weekend!

These pics are of my motor! Yours is almost identical, it has a few very slight port timing differences due to the different rpm pipes we will be running. Have you been out again? Give me a call?

Chassis is almost completed. A couple small details left, I have to install the 136" wahl suspension tomorrow and make a custom mout for the new bars.

3c7d29b8d25693722e5445ef782a6adc.jpg

LOOKS BAD AZZ!!!

What did you use instead of the rubber steering boots?

Last edited:
Installed the suspension and set the sled on the ground to set it up. Thought I'd take a couple pics to share. Out of town tomorrow for work but Wednesday night I will be machining a custom bar riser block and installing the bars. Can't wait to get out with this project sled!

4860c3901722f977ee2a3c1edc807284.jpg

Hey Dan I have a spare and cool warning decal for your hot rod if you want?

Back