vmax 4 st?

I am posting pictures of my buddies Vmax 4 1992-1997 one for each year.:smilies-9
I don't see the hydrualic brake disc air intake in the hood on the 97. Did they not put this on the 97 mountain maxs? The 97 brochure doesn't show this air intake in any of the pictures.

The guy he purchased the 1997 changed the hood due to being broken and all he could get at the time was the 1996 hood. Good eye.:super:

It has been a while since I have seen this machine but I think this one is the V-max 4 short track model. I know more about the 1993 V max he has as it was mine and now I wish that I still owned it. When I ordered this machine I purchased the long track kit at the same time, this is when 136 was called a long track how things have changed.

Although I've never actually seen a red Vmax4, I hear they exist. The 96 st was a 136" track. In 97 they changed the name of the long track Vmax4 to the Mountain Max 800. It also had the 136" track. They weren't much of a track though, 0.9" lug if I'm not mistaken. Great for speed and floatation but not much for boondocking or climbing. As for are there any for sale, you should give your location for more help.

Ian
2 for sale maybe? Ray electrix@drytel.net 1 96 mountain max stock beautifull 1600 miles 1 96mountain max bender quads etc. even cuter. 1 96 vmax4 121 aeen quads 2000 miles Dryden On. Canada

Last edited:
Hey Ray

They exist. The 96's are the first mmax's not the 97's. 97 was the last year they were made. Had pro action suspension in 97. only year to have it.

Bearcat570

Back