vmax 600 xt electric start performance?.

Kevin Brown

Hi gang
I have a 96 vmax 600xt with electric start. I personally don't care about the electric start but am considering adding reverse. The thing is I purchased a parts sled. In the box of parts is a flywheel (non electric start) ofcourse its lots lighter & smaller without the large ring gear. Now I realize there is an advantage in regards to weight without the electric start. (The battery, starter & heavier flywheel) all can be tossed but what about motor performance ? lastly how much would reverse hurt performance? Personally I would love it if I could toss the electric start and add reverse with no performance loss or maybe bit of an improvement. your thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Kevin

You won't notice much (if any) difference in performance on a 600 XT with/without E-start or reverse. A little less maybe with the reverse but those sleds weren't fast to start with. A good trail sled that is worth more with both options.

opsled

Thanks Opsled. I have a set of vmax 4 aluminum skis I plan to put on. A bit lighter than stock steel. & cool as hell to look at.
Kevin

A lot of the 600 non electric start models came with a solid ring around flywheel simulating the starter ring gear. Extra weight helped with harmonics.

Back