Vmax4 vs. Viper

aksledr

Well, I was out sleddin the other day with my son, AK MTN VMAX4, he was on his $9000 Viper and I was on my $950 '95 800. We had found some good snow that also had some hills under it so we commenced to a climbin'. He took a shot at the slope and didn't do too bad. It was my turn so I pointed the ol Vmax at the slope and applied some throttle, not too much, just enough to get a little speed up before the bottom. I started going up and slowin a bit so I pegged the flipper, and before I knew it AK MTN VMAX4's himark went past faster than I usually ride down hill! I happened to look at the speedo and saw the needle some where between 55 and 60 mph. I was runnin out of rideable hill so I eased up on the throttle and turned around and headed back down. Near the bottom AK MTN VMAX4 passed going up and I noticed a concerned look on his face. I turned around to watch his progress, a bit better than his first try. I tried again and the same thing happened! The rest of the day all I heard about was, engine not runnin right, clutches not right, jetting not right, wish I had my old Vmax back, etc. Today AK MTN VMAX4 is up at Turnagain Pass to do more testing with some new Heel Clicker weights and my helix off of my Vmax 600ST. And the 2 feet of new snow since Sunday!

Moral of the story.......... NEWER-MORE $$$$ DOES NOT ALWAYS EQUAL
BETTER PERFORMANCE!!!!:vmax4:

Very cool testimony!!! Makes me glad I am fine tuning & updating the
old Max4, should be a nice "sleeper" that has some cool looks!!:4fzfk2:

LOL great story!
If ya would, tell AK MTN VMAX4 to stop in one day, have`nt heard from em in a while.

AL

Last edited:
Viper

hontri said:
:653: There were not very many Vipers out there that used to bother me either.

Just like an old pesty fly,,,,ehy Hontri????? LOL Poor kids humbled already, Pa had to post it, no wonder he's not loggin on Al!! He'll be up at turnagain pass till he gets it right or the rest of the winter,,whichever comes first,,,LOL
Funny story

I am BACK

I am back from Turnagain Pass. And the Viper is running good no it would not beat my old Vmax4 guaranteed that thing ran when I wrecked it I had to think long and hard, funny thing is I cannot get dad to go to Turnagain where there is about 5 ft of Powder what my sled was made for. Anyway I am working out a trade for a 03 RX1 Blue with about 600 miles on it guy is interested in trading straight across and we are meeting up tomorrow. I am planning on a stage 2 supercharger 280 hp version and a few other mtn mods. You cannot beat a turbo or supercharged rx1 those things run damn. I am missing the adrenaline rush I need more power. I would like to buy another Vmax4 to play with as well but that will come later.:rockon:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ike
Busted Max

Hey Busted Max,
Did you buy my PSI pipes as well or was that someone else? How are those parts working for you?

AK MTN VMAX4, great to hear from you. I guess you got your season well under way. We are missing snow here badly. Only anout 20 cm here (8 inch). worst season start in years. Usually I´d be rinding like 6 weeks ago steady, now only 7km´s on my sled.

Let us know how the things go with the RX.

Ike

RX1

Rx1 power revs quickly and seems to have a very wide torquey powerband so far I like it. I have been finding ways to lighten it up I can get up to 82 lbs off it for about $4000 through MPI but probably wont do all those mods maybe the $850 light wieght skid saving 30lbs, exhaust $439 -11lbs, lightweight battery $229 - 10 lbs, Cr Moly A arm $450 -7lbs, Boss Seat $485 -5lbs, lightweight rear brackets $129 - 4.5 lbs, and 162 tunnel ext $250 - 4.5lbs. total of 72lbs and $2832 plus supercharger $5500, Not sure which track I will be running maybe a 162x16x2.5 something long so the sled wont want to wheely over backwards so much with 280 hp. That is my dream to do with it.:muahaha:

Back