Vmax4 with 144" Track pics please

8BU

I'm thinking about installing a 15 x 144 x 1.25 ripsaw on my 97. I would appreciate it if you guys could post some pics of a Vmax4 with a 144" that looks as close to a stocker that it can. I picked up enough info here to make the switch but a picture is worth a thousand words. It's either this or purchase a new Nytro XTX. :muahaha: My wife said I could get a new sled as long as she gets the wrap to here wedding band. Kind of funny how when I bought the Vmax4 it also included a request for a ingagement ring. :blahblah1 Anyway i'm rambling, pics please! :vmax4:

here are a couple I have...allready been posted a while ago.

Attachments

• PIC_0143.JPG resized.JPG
    PIC_0143.JPG resized.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 511
Here is my 136" w 1.25"

Just visualise another 8" of length ..................thats what I tell my wife!!!:eck02:

Here are a few pics, as being installed & a few trip pics.

Good luck with the conversion, you will not be sorry:4fzfpi: !!!

Rob

Attachments

• Skid Installed 1Vmax4.JPG
    Skid Installed 1Vmax4.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 446
  • Skid Installed 2 Vmax 4.JPG
    Skid Installed 2 Vmax 4.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 429
  • Left Side After 3 v4.JPG
    Left Side After 3 v4.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 422
  • Mt Bachelor View 3 Email.JPG
    Mt Bachelor View 3 Email.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 418
  • LS View 1 02.25.07 Vmax4.JPG
    LS View 1 02.25.07 Vmax4.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 413
Thanks for the pictures. Both of your sled mods look clean and mean. :bowdown: I thinking on going with another Vmax-4 to mod out to 144". Any reason to stay away from any certain years? Started drawing up rail extensions at work today along with other ideas for weight savings.

Rob,

Don't include such beautiful backgrounds in your pics. I'm starting to have flash backs of my first elk hunt in Colorado.

later,

Hey 8BU, thanks for the compliment. There are way too many hours in this sled, but that kind of work is kind of my "therapy". Turning the wrench, polishing the aluminum etc.

A) What sleds to go with, well I am sure there will be other opinions here, but, I am happy with the 94 but if I had to do over, I would look for the 800 which is 95 & newer, mostly for the extra HP & the better driveline. In my case, I did the 800 driveline conversion which really was easy to do, but hey if your lucky & can find an 800.....seems like a good way to go.

B) Wieght savings, there are a number of guys here that have done some trick things for the wieght thing. In my case, I was not that concerned with the sled wieght. I am working on the damn riders wieght..LOL :cussing:

So far 12 pounds in the last 2 months with a goal of 35 by Nov.
I figure that will help the Max out. LOL
Actually, that damn thing can scare the crap out of the driver right now !!! It has more balls than I do !!:653:

C) Background Scenery:
Having grown up in eastern WI, ( Sheboygan Falls area) I can kind of sympathise with you...!! But you have some great stuff in the UP & N Wis. We have ridden a bunch up there in the late 70's & early 80's.:4fzfpi:

We are real fortunate here in the Cascades to have some awesome scenery & when we have a good winter, we can have some great spring riding which is the case right now. Hope to get out this Sun after I get my wifes Phazer2 back together since we lost a rod bearing a few weeks back. More therapy!!!

D) Rail extensions: I used a 04 RX-1 skid & went with some Tracks USA extensions, of course I was only going to 136. Am very happy with the quality & fit of their product. Had to do some fine tune filing to get everything to match to my "fit & finish" but that was just me.

Keep us posted as you do the conversion, & pics are cool IMHO to see these projects go through the process.

Rob

PS: Here is the decal I put on my sleds tank cover where the oem safety sticker was, thought it fit well!!:smilielol

Attachments

• Replaced Safety Sticker email.JPG
    Replaced Safety Sticker email.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 454
racerrob said:
Hey 8BU, thanks for the compliment. There are way too many hours in this sled, but that kind of work is kind of my "therapy". Turning the wrench, polishing the aluminum etc.

Half the fun is working on them.

A) What sleds to go with, well I am sure there will be other opinions here, but, I am happy with the 94 but if I had to do over, I would look for the 800 which is 95 & newer, mostly for the extra HP & the better driveline. In my case, I did the 800 driveline conversion which really was easy to do, but hey if your lucky & can find an 800.....seems like a good way to go.

I really like my 97 and would like to keep it as is. So yah probally 800

B) Wieght savings, there are a number of guys here that have done some trick things for the wieght thing. In my case, I was not that concerned with the sled wieght. I am working on the damn riders wieght..LOL

Tell me about it. Quite smoking 2 and 1/2 months ago. Starting to notice pants are shrinking. Got signed up on the company weight loss incentive plan and think I've gained 5 pounds. Then again the only exercise I've done is shovel off my parents house roof and then mine.:snow:

Actually, that damn thing can scare the crap out of the driver right now !!! It has more balls than I do !!:653:

First time i took mine for a ride I thought for sure I would end up broken and twisted or worse. After i got 500 miles on it me and a buddy of mine that weighs about 150 went on a hardparked forest rode to see if he could peg the speedo. He is one of the toughest, S.O.B. pound for pound and he said after 110 he was afraid to look down.:3speechle

C) Background Scenery:
Having grown up in eastern WI, ( Sheboygan Falls area) I can kind of sympathise with you...!! But you have some great stuff in the UP & N Wis. We have ridden a bunch up there in the late 70's & early 80's.:4fzfpi:

Yes, I love it here. I've lived in six different places in my life and never left a village of about 400 people.:beathead: How sad is that. The wife and I honeymooned in St.Germain and go there every fall for our anniversary. That is probably the only other area i would seriously consider moving to. I've even checked for machineshops up there to see if they are looking for anyone. You are fortunate to live where you do and i love going to Colorado to hunt and humble myself with views of mountains and trying to hike around at 11,000 feet.

D) Rail extensions: I used a 04 RX-1 skid & went with some Tracks USA extensions, of course I was only going to 136. Am very happy with the quality & fit of their product. Had to do some fine tune filing to get everything to match to my "fit & finish" but that was just me.

I like the clean look too. I just think back some of my older brothers muscle cars they had , GTO's, Cuda's, Camaro's, Roadrunners, 77 Trans Am and my dads 64 Stingray. These rides had style and even modified they always looked clean and nothing out of place.

B) Wieght savings, there are a number of guys here that have done some trick things for the wieght thing. In my case, I was not that concerned with the sled wieght. I am working on the damn riders wieght..LOL :cussing:

C) Background Scenery:

We are real fortunate here in the Cascades to have some awesome scenery & when we have a good winter, we can have some great spring riding which is the case right now. Hope to get out this Sun after I get my wifes Phazer2 back together since we lost a rod bearing a few weeks back. More therapy!!!

Keep us posted as you do the conversion, & pics are cool IMHO to see these projects go through the process.

Rob

PS: Here is the decal I put on my sleds tank cover where the oem safety sticker was, thought it fit well!!:smilielol

Im looking at doing the same thing i have a pro action suspension out of my dads Viper and i want to put rail extensions so i can run a 136" track. Did you do anything to the drivers i was looking into putting some extrovert drivers!

Your sled looks amazing i would like to do the same set up!

so this is obvious to you guys but... How tall of a lug can the stock 95vmax4st fit. I think i had a 2 1/4 camoplast finger track before and notched around the coolers but i cant remember if i switched to 8 tooth drivers

Vmax4 + 136x2

I've got a '95 ST, used 8 tooth anti-ratchet drivers with the 2" track, had to notch the paddles to clear the tunnel coolers, barely clears at the front of the tunnel, but...

Any snow, any angle, 65-70 mph track speed!

On my '95 Vmax 600 ST I cut the chain case, lengthened it 1 1/2", moved the drive axle down & back, moved the suspension down & back, put a 144x2 under it and have over 1 1/2" clearance around the front of the tunnel. Pretty consistant 50 mph track speed up slope.

Back