vmax4 with a/c shaft

marc8_2

I have a 92 vmax4 with a shaft to put a arctic cat clutch. From what year to year arctic cat clutch you can put on this shaft? whats the best one to put on?

Go with a Bearcat roller driven. Start with 57/50 helix and a yellow driven spring, tune from that. You will need to move your motor back to fit the belt

Yes. Bearcat. It is larger in diameter than the standard Arctic secondary. It is very similar in diameter to the original 750 Vmax4 secondary. Savy Arctic Cat guys used them for drag racing on improved 1000s for years.

Yes. Bearcat. It is larger in diameter than the standard Arctic secondary. It is very similar in diameter to the original 750 Vmax4 secondary. Savy Arctic Cat guys used them for drag racing on improved 1000s for years.

This is true,but the belt doesn't pull down as far into the secondary as the 750 secondary does,and you will see a loss in top end speed compared to the 750 unit!

I have not seen any loss in top end on any bearcat setup. In fact the first roller kits (before cat made a roller) would over shift the driven. RPC made kits to stop the cat driven from opening to much.

Cat then made a factory roller. The helix has a cut so they shift all the way out. If you use a old cat helix on a new cat roller it may not shift all the way on top end because it hits the helix

Thanks for the help guys.Doesn't look like its a easy clutch to find. Toydoc do you like the bearcat clutch a lot more the oem 750 ?

I have not seen any loss in top end on any bearcat setup. In fact the first roller kits (before cat made a roller) would over shift the driven. RPC made kits to stop the cat driven from opening to much.

Cat then made a factory roller. The helix has a cut so they shift all the way out. If you use a old cat helix on a new cat roller it may not shift all the way on top end because it hits the helix
I thought the RPC kit used a standard size AC secondary
not the bearcat unit,or did they offer both? I have both and like I said before,the belt will not pull down into secondary as far as a stock secondary,even when you relieve the helix.the standard one is another story,it does open to much like you say.

Thanks for the help guys.Doesn't look like its a easy clutch to find. Toydoc do you like the bearcat clutch a lot more the oem 750 ?

Yes, I like it alot.
Last Bearcat I bought was from Ken's Sports. They list alot of cat parts on ebay

I thought the RPC kit used a standard size AC secondary
not the bearcat unit,or did they offer both? I have both and like I said before,the belt will not pull down into secondary as far as a stock secondary,even when you relieve the helix.the standard one is another story,it does open to much like you say.

Are you just looking at the two side by side, or you took off the stock driven bolted on a bearcat and lost XX mph on radar?

My 750 pulled 114 mph on radar with a bearcat drag setup and was still shifting.

You will have a burn mark at the top of your primary if the driven stops shifting, rpm spike, then it starts braking belts. All that happens when you ran a Cat driven? If not, the driven is willing to shift more, your setup is off

Back