vmax41000pro mod

allarson

we have a gentlemen in canada calls himself kingpin racing has spent 2 years building this engine 68mm stroked 180 msd ignition with the reduction gears to slow down the clutching vforce3 reeds with modified reed spacers , 58 flat slides and welded and balaanced crank, jugs are modded 2 , psi heads electric water pump and goes like jack the bear 660 feet 4.6 sec the fastest in canada and second fastest in noth america

I thought One Stop Performance "Jim" was the fastest in the US....period running a 4.67 in 660'. Never heard of that guy in Canada before as the record was OSP Jim at 4.88 in 660' before the World Series of Ice! A 4.6 in 660' would be the world record anywhere.

A 68 x 68 vmax4 motor would be just right for high rev 12,000rpm monster. But I'm not sure it has that much case & crank room to add that much stroke. It would take 350~400hp to run 4.6 and thats open mod weight. I don't know of any 1000 that can make 350+hp without a power adder, turbo, nos...

It was Crooks open mod 1000 with his Cat 4 cyl that ran 4.88. I know he's well into the 300's hp with his.

Dont know how much truth there is to this but rumor has it Vmax 4 expert Darcy R. had a hand in this sled,(or parts of it) .

Last edited:
OK for the record that sled belongs to Sandy Ross. It is a rosentreter 1000. Kiersten Duncansen drove it at the series in OM1000. It ran consistant 4.9's at the series this year.

Chris Rehtorik

Thats cool.....So it is a 68 x 68 Vmax4 motor?
If so, it's making a bunch more hp then the 73 x 59 vmax 1000.
Anyone know who or what cyl's are on it?

i have seen the cylinders on it they have been cut and a flate plate added to the bottom allso lots of alluminum welding done to the 4 mounts on the corner of the jugs, they are custom built not to be seen any place eles and yes darcy out of winnipeg has built the pipes for this sled, plus other mods to it , he allso is very good on pipes for the 800 vmax4 and the 700 srx they are all hand built they don,t get any better than that.but lots of cash needed. allso using msd ignition and electric water pump Al Larson

like i said more of us are going to build sleds like this and we are going to make some more statements and the 800 pro stock they are still competting up this way in canada don,t know about that way.any 800 pro stocks competting in the us any body know???? Al Larson

Lots of Pro Stock 800 sleds in the US that compete...very popular class. Most of the sleds (Ski-Doo's, Cats, and Polaris) are 205-230 h.p. I know at the speed runs a few of these sleds are running 130-135 mph in 1000', not sure about drags. As you told me Al with 258 h.p. in your Pro Stock 800 engine you must have one of the nastiest Pro Stock 800 engines built!

what kind of times you guys run up there in 660 258hp in a p/s 800 is unheard of whos dyno? would like to see it run!!!! what kind of mph in 660? thanks Randy

i know mine is 231 232 it works out to be close to 58 hp a hole 258 would be close to the stock stroke 1000 motors at about 64.5 a hole power is made from 10600 to 11000 steady is the 258hp 800 a stock stroke?seems it should run 5.3 in 660 consistant just my 2 cents
Randy

Sandy

Fastmax, that could very well be the sled according to the chassis. I have talked to Sandy Ross a few times as he was building this sled. His mod chassis came off the wahl bench right before mine did. The chassis's are very similar. Sandy's been working on that sled for a few years. Darcey must have built that motor about the same time, he built a few nasty max-4 motors. He also built the pipes and motor for our mod SRX and Allarson you are right, his shit hauls ass

in contact with a couple guys that darcy has built pipes for the srx700 and the vmax4 of mike ross from kindersley sask , darcys pipes make another 6 to 7 hp over hauck pipes on the 700 srx and will find out on mine as i allready have the hauck pipes for my 800 and mike ross has a set of darcys pipes hes going to let me dyno those against haucks on mine and see what happens

if you have the means and ability to put enough timing and motor will take the fuel darcys pipes will be much better than a production howler

i can only tell u what the owner has given info on , however the dyno speeks volume, i know what my sleds can do ,when i see one dominate like it did then i can only say that something special is happing, i think u have toagree that f7 f8 cats and the new 800 doos are not slow and when i see a sled doninate like this one did then i know its got a lot more than what they have , it,s all in the timming, clutching, and pipes, and gears. i know the owner of this sled has no reason to say other than what he has done, it has spent its entire time at the race track over the past 10 years. if u ever go to winnipeg to watch the races or come to particapate then next year we should see u , its my plan to be at that race, and others, so time will only tell . Al Larson

ck3man said:
Toydoc- There is about 8hp difference between the 2 motors according to darcy.

Al Larson- You must have radial reeds in that thing to make that kind of power!!!!

Chris

So high side would be 280ish Hp and runs 4.9's????

Back