wanted piston and cylinder for 800

sxrsist

just bought the 2 sleds of ebay and the black 95 has a piston down, i am sure the owner never knew as he wasnt a big sled head. but none the less it not firing on that one. has some commpressionh but no fire. One of the airboxes was missing tabs so wonder if it went threw and blew skirt off. Cleaned carbs, changed plug wires around and plugs and cant get nothing out of it. and its down on my guage about 15 pounds comp[ared to the others. Any other ideas?

If that tab went through, it may have bent that rod. Let's hope not. It should still fire if it has fuel and spark.

if anyone has a head for a 96 800 i need one,piston left go and boogered up the head, already have a cylinder for it just need the head, an yes if it went on the piston when the tab broke it will definitely bend the rod been there done that on my 94 750,i would suggest going thru the carbs check the plug and make sure it is wet,if its not firing and there is no wet plug there is no fuel, also learned this the hard way,site the school of hard knocks it seems,lol hope you find something small, great buy regardeless on the pair you bought for sure, good luck

well its getting to much fuel. needle and seat or something, had the carbs apart twice and the same one is still dumping fuel out the overflow lines, or vent lines i guess, now they are overflow.things are sorted out i think motor is fine. low on compression cause it washing the cylinder so bad with gas. stay in the throttle its good. let it idle and your changing plug.

Back