What do you think? Might have to bump out the side panels a bit?

mistermax

So.... I am thinking 1 long pto shaft geared to both motors then weld the blocks.that way you don't even have to connect the cranks because they are geared together by the pto. Run a stock CDI box and split the coil signals...? Getting a the pipes under the hood is going to be a bitch!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 151

LMFAO!!!! just weld two vmax4"s together and it should all fit, and have alittle get up and go,

It might be hard to pull over, when its cold...lol :cheers:

Awww Man just see'n em lined up like that makes me want to go grab the Tig and some Tubing!

You mean something like this.

Attachments

• vmax6.jpg
    vmax6.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 148
  • V-MAX6-02.jpg
    V-MAX6-02.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 152
  • V-MAX6-03.jpg
    V-MAX6-03.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 151
Yep! But you could of have a"VMax8" I think this would be easier no special crank work needed..? Just special pto shaft.

Hey try anything once...! Then you could have quadzillaracer work up a quad turbo setup!!!! Like they say go big or go home!!

Last edited:
I'm still not sure if your serious about this or kidding. But we should make a list to see what we would all need to make this happen, such as
cooling
starting
carb rack and cables
widening the bulk head
where to put the pipes
motor mounts
if and I mean if you are serious about doing something like this, if you paid for the sanding and polishing compounds I might be interested in throwing my hat in on this project if you want to polish the jugs and the heads. Ton of stuff to work out on a project like this.

BUT I LOVE IMAGINATION. that motor would definitely be one of a kind. I can see it in Amsnow magazine already. Good luck professor.
are they 750 or 800, your going to need a good budget on this one

What if ya meshed at the gearbox with one gearbox removed and both motors turning the same PTO, one motor would have to turn backwards as they would be mounted one in front of the other instead of side to side.

Rustman that was my first idea! turn one backwards and have them turn the same pto gear. v-8 but that seems harder to fit. I need to cut the chassis down the middle and strech it about 8 inches wider. keep the hood move shock towers and side panels out and fill in the top gap some how.

I was thinking the motor mounts will play a big part in this to keep the pto shaft and the motor from twisting itself apart. There's going to be a lot of torque in play here.

Last edited:

Back