White air box tabs

tyler540

ok guys i tore the carbs and air boxes off my sled lastnight... i opened one of the airboxes and saw the what i assume are the tabs you are talking about (the ones that break off and cause issues)

ive got a question though.... if you break those white tabs off won the white insert be free to flail around? or did someone already break my tabs off? the only tabs i see have a little catch that makes them snap into the airbox... is there a picture anywhere of the tabs you are breaking, or a picture of them already broke off... thanks again

Last edited:

If they look good, I`d leave them alone...if they look cracked, or bent in alot..then I may break them off...but yeah, those are the ones..and although they do have raised tabs on them, to "lock in" removing them, will not let the rest of it float around..

AL P

well hmmm from the quick glance i toke while going out the door, they looked really good... ill check them out and decide from there thanks!

ok perfect.... i think i was the first person to take the carbs off of this sled (saw some wire ties that didnt look they were ever removed and the black clip that holds the vent lines together was still clipped under the motor where i couldnt see it) but i have to say the float bowls were absolutly spotless and shiny!... i couldnt hardly believe it... pretty much took all night to get it apart and inspect all of those jets and put all of them back together.... at least i know what i have now, and i got to wipe and spray all the grime off of the outsides of the carbs... ill get it back together tomorrow and just in time for a little snow....hopefully....

Make sure to index them properly. They have small notches that line up with the boot & box. Easy to figure out if you look close enough.

Does anyone have a pic of the infamous "white tabs"????

Is this true for all years of the v-max-4????

I take them right off and leave them off all mine . They are a pain to line up the boots with them on . Never had a problem with the boots coming off .

Found 2 white tabs stuck in my reed cages! To have the throttle stick because they broke off would be a bad thing! I also took All mine off.. Everything is just fine..Kirk

Check that you didn`t break any reeds or crack any . If you have any problems you can call me I`m in Canada 1 519 395-4659
Good luck Kirk

Back