WTB: Wildwood Brake Setup? VMax4......

RX1

Looking for a Wildwood or some type of hydraulic brake for a Vmax4......Let me know if anyone has something like this for one of these.....Thanks.

Wish I could help, but don`t have a clue where you could find one..
that said..a few years ago I was looking for one also.... until..

I got new brake pads ECM? brand..I scuffed up my rotor, knit picked my adjustment, and I kid you not, I can now EASILY lock up the track..before that, I had to use my best kungfoo grip and it barely wanted to stop..I`m not sure what was the most help, the perticular brake pads I got, scuffing up the rotor or both..but either way, I`m a few seasons into it, and have never touched it again..still locks up the track easy as heck..

I was also exploring creating more leaverage somehow..i figured I could do a little fancy work on the brake arm part right at the caliper, but after I did the above, I scrapped that plan also..

just thought I`d mention this, incase maybe your experiancing the same thing I did..

AL P

I can lock up the track, there's no problem with that, but I just find the cable brake to be such a pain to use, coming off all my other sleds with hydraulic brakes......Hydraulic brakes you can just tap the lever a few times to slow down, but you've actually got to squeeze the old cable brake pretty good, just to get it to do anything.....Somehow or another, this sled will get a hydraulic brake, whether I find a Wildwood, or a build a bracket to put a newer Yamaha caliper on......Thanks for the reply though Al.

Back