Xtra-10 install ?

Mad Powersports

Valued Sponsor
Well I have the original skid out and the Xtra-10 ready to install when shocks get here Monday. I have measured and marked the tunnel and was wondering how exacting I need to be at the rear mounting hole. In the photo the red dot is where the hole is supposed to be. Is the little bit of difference in the dimension to the hole nearest the red dot going to screw up the geometry? it isn't that far off. Reason being I don't actually want to drill a new hole there, as I am going to remove the skid and install it in my Vmax4 when that is done and return this one to stock when I sell it.

pb170699do9.jpg

I just thought of the clearance between the picks and the tunnel. I suppose I should install just the shaft and wheels first in the proposed hole to check if there is going to be enough room above the picks.

IN !

She is in. Fit seems to be fine. Plenty of clearance above track. Not even close to drive wheels. Preliminary bounce test seems to work just fine, no binding, squeaks, etc.

Sit-in seems to be about 2 inches by looking but not measuring. When I get off it comes to full height. I can not bottom it out by jumping on the sled, but that may not be the case on the trails. Plus I'm only a buck fifty in weight.

All in all I'm very pleased. Just need to fabricate my spacers/reinforcements and I'm set for the snow. I have aluminium at work so I'll be able to do those no sweat.

pb180710ff0.jpg

pb180711yi2.jpg

Two Idler wheels and the shocks and shes ready.

Now.... Is the tunnel on my '92 4 pop going to be the same? That is the final destination for this skid. It should be a nice ride with 4 under the hood and 10 under the rear and little old me on the seat. :muahaha:

Back