YAMMI TONY CLUTCH/GEAR QUESTION

That should get you close, be careful not to add to many shims to your stock spring or you can get coil bind.

Thanks Rob!

From what I'm hearing, the www spring with Rob's 2 (0.40) shims should get me 4-4500 engagement. That will definitely take the pooch out of my V4. Since I have had this sled, the majority of my riding has been pretty casual (nail it from 40-70). Not many hole shots.

I have a feeling this year I will be holeshotting and enjoying my sled more than ever!!

2 shims on the way this week Scott, no need for money... and the w/w/w spring without the shims will give you 4200-4500 engagement..

2 shims on the way this week Scott, no need for money... and the w/w/w spring without the shims will give you 4200-4500 engagement..

Sweet, thanks again Rob..I owe you.

I have a post looking for the rest of the stuff needed to complete Yammigods trail setup. Now as long as the snow sticks around for a while, life will be good!

RIDER, YOU SEEM TO HAVE A HANDLE ON THIS, BUT YES BEFORE YOU CHANGE GEARING, UP YOUR ENGAGEMENT SOME. Also BECAREFUL WITH SHIMS, BINDING ALWAYS A WORRIE. you need to be no lower than 4500, your problem is LAZY throttle response BECAUSE YOUR ENGAGEMENT TO LOW, not gearing. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

For good result 24-35 gearing, WSW primary spring, 8BU stock, 46-40 cam at 70*, one layer head gasket, stock base gasket, 142.5 main and clip at #4 stock pilot and grab the handle bar. Ad 2 or 3 1mm shim for raise the engagement.
Also use a good premium gaz and ad oil on gaz tank.

For good result 24-35 gearing, WSW primary spring, 8BU stock, 46-40 cam at 70*, one layer head gasket, stock base gasket, 142.5 main and clip at #4 stock pilot and grab the handle bar. Ad 2 or 3 1mm shim for raise the engagement.
Also use a good premium gaz and ad oil on gaz tank.
why so tall on gearing ?

Back