YAMMIEGOD'S SET-UP

needavmax4

This might have been asked before on here or TY but did not find anything in the search

Not to take anything away from You Tony, just asking Questions

The setup that Tony gives for a stock race setup, is it good for snow also, because not every grass/Ice setup is the same as snow to much differance's in snow, so where would be good place to start for snow setup? I know Tony always mentions his way is not always the way to go but a good start for fine tuning I tried his setup all except for a the helix which I have a 51/43 he states a 52/42, these 600's are still to quick and light

Last edited:

Yup, 51/43 is good. What is your engagement at? How long is that track tomorrow, I assume your going? Are you at stock gearing right now? Are you taking those 600's off the line, or are they?

Yup, 51/43 is good. What is your engagement at? How long is that track tomorrow, I assume your going? Are you at stock gearing right now? Are you taking those 600's off the line, or are they?

I'm engaging at 4500, 500ft, yes, yes, no they're leaving right from the line all the to the end of the track 500ft.

Last edited:
my gears are 22/39 and stock Yamaha track 136. yes I have gears and chains but these are off of my SRX don't know if the fit haven't checked yet

Ok, With the 136 you will really need to see if you can get to 21/39 or perhaps even higher ratio. Not sure if SRX gears will work or not. You could check the part numbers I suppose, sometimes carries forward through the years. You have 8BU's, stock, loaded or 10's? Other than that, suspension, does that front end come up for you leaving the line, and if so, how far will it carry? You may want to play with the front strap. Other than that, picks. Through you into another class I believe. See you out there tomorrow....

That sled should chew 600's in 500 ft, the 95 short track we have has 51/43 helix 70 degree twist, 89a10's 4.5 gram outter an 2.7 inner, www primary with 95 stock gearing, 1 inch camoplast 144 studs up the middle and hauls hard even in 500, you need to make sure your hooking up

YOU NEED TO RUN 21-39 GEARING FOR 500 F.T, AT LEAST A 5000 ENGAGEMENT. SNOW RACING CAN BE TRICKY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU RUNNING ON DEEP SNOW. YOUR PEAK RPM HAS TO BE 8350. YOU NEED TO AT LEAST HAVE A 1 '' LUG TRACK. SUSPENSION SET-UP ALSO VERY IMPORTANT. NO WAY YOU SHOULD BE LOSING TO 600,s. like posted above, you must hook up. all the clutching in the world will not help if you not. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

We rolled into the race track about 10:30 this morning and registration was done at 11:00 I believe So I ended up not even taking the V-max 4 off the trailor, I needed to install a tether which is not that hard but had no time as teching was taking place when we showed Better luck next time!

My buddy took 600 Stock though

I also want to add. Some people say studs don't Add traction in snow. Well they are very wrong so make sure you got a good track like yammiegod states above atleast 1 inch. Also. Strap down your front suspension you'd be surprised how much more hookup you will get

In our races around here the they don't allow picks in stock classes just on Ice drags, I'm going to throw a 1.25 track in there and see what happens

these last 2 races we had were 500ft our races are going 660ft now!

like mentioned bring up ur engage ment 2 5500 u may have 2 grind ur engaement angle steeper to do that so u need a gram scale, belt sander or good fine stoned bench grinder and a home made tool to hold ur weights so u take the same amount off and then weight them, allso like mentioned put lowering tubes in the frt end if they dont allow u 2 strap it down that puts more pressure on the frt of the track 2 help on hook up, allso 600 can not compete with 800 i have tried and i can hold the first 100 ft then they pull away 6 sled lengths. thats with ssra racing. put a black felt marker on ur primary to see how far up it is shifting , that will tell u how close u are to ur gearing. if it only re moves the mark half way up ur geared to high . ur body weight will play a effect on ur gearing 2. test test test

Sorry for not using all the info I've been getting from you guys I will, just going to be for next yr

I haven't been working with my V4 MM much lately as I have been working with a buddy with his Polaris Assault and A Nytro he pick up this winter, he has been doing pretty good at the races bringing home hardware all the time. We just had races at home here yesturday and I took the MM to the races just to have fun, I put my heelclickers in just to go out and try it, this is the heelclicker setup that is on the site except for the helix, I entered the 800 stock and came in last out of 8 sleds. I know this not very good for the V4 but didn't do anything but put the heelclickers in with 50/44 helix with a silver @ 90, with this setup I was barely hitting 130km in 600ft.

when the class was done I took the V4 back to the truck and was trying to figure out why this thing is not up to par, so I took off the secondary and lower the the rate to 2/3 on the helix and to my surprise it shot right to 8100 and pulled right to 8300 by 600ft, the dreamo meter was touching 140+ KM where all the other 800 were running,

Better luck next time I guess I'm going to spend a little time on it this week there is one more race next weekend

Last edited:
since this thread was posted I have installed a 1.5 track and have to install lowering struts from Jabber800 that I purchased this fall.

The gears are stock 22/39

it was alot easier to change the track on my Vmax 4 then my SRX 700

I haven't started my V4 yet I still have to go through my carbs and reroute the carb vent tubes to the air box

there is snow drags coming up on the 7th of Dec in Sandy Bay

Last edited:

Back