Yes again a question about set up

marc8_2

Yes again a question about set up for first time drags

Well Am hopping this will be my start drag race with my first 92 vmax4. I would like a good set-up for 660ft drags on lake ice at 400ft above sea level. sled is 92 stock with 800 pipes and bender can and planing to put 200 or so 60* .870 studs and am about 180lb. temp is bin -5 to +2 this couple days and this race is around 19 march so i don't see the temp going lower then -5.Am hoping to stay in stock class but don't know the rules. Hopefully you guy's could give me some help

Last edited:

I got some great help from the gang her on my first rodeo. Not sure what you have to work with parts wise but read this thread over it may help. http://www.vmax4.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?10482-First-drg-for-me-and-the-4&highlight=

My engine is all stock 92 with Bender twins. They should be about the same as 800 twins from what I've been told. It was about 25F that day and I was not lean at all. Elevation wise we are about the same. You might be 300 ft or so lower than me. I could have dropped the mains a bit more I think. It was a 500ft track on ground that was not frozen very deep so things got rutted up in a hurry. The chisels hooked great. That track runs slightly down hill from 3/4 or so out and I'm fairly sure I ran out of gear so you might want to go higher there. I used what I had for springs and am not realy sure what they are. The guru's here should be able to point ya. Look in the tech for Tony's 750 setup. Good place to start.

I got my ass handed to me by better sleds and good tuners but I handed it back to others that should have beat me but didn't. Tw'as fun and a good exersize fer da brain.lol

Keep us posted.

opsled

Back