Mods for 03 rx-1

I´ll post this to here also :

Tony, my experiences went like this :

Stock clutching is, like you said earlier, boring. Just like watching grass grow. especially on the ST like mine...

I haven´t got my sled on the gun with both setups (stock and yours), but I´ve done some testing with my GPS.

Stock clutched 800 Vmax4 ST vs. ´06 4-stroke Apex (RX). V4 has no chance. Just no liftoff from the line. Top speed wise they are close though. Apex just ahead.

YammieGod´s setup vs. Apex. Now that made world of difference to my sled. More responsive and aggressive shifting. Much better on trail. Great feeling when hammering it down from corner to corner! Now, the results what I had. Apex gets a minor advantage from the line due to the RipSaw and Mono-skid, but V4 gains fast. My experience is that top speed is just a tad slower with Tony´s setup compared to the 4-stroke. When getting a good start from the line Vmax4 is winning. I´m not running with studs, so the higher engagement hurts when coming from the line due to spinning, but I would think that when V4 is studded, or has equal quality track things are different. Then the Apex has a lot of catching to do.

Remember, theese are without any track studding. More grip you got, more the advantage goes to V4. And the ST is geared slower than the 121´shorty . This is my experience from last winter.

Ride quality is much better on the Apex LOL

Ike

Hey Tony - I had my Vmax apart rebuilding it at the dealership and a customer saw it and thought is was a 4 cylinder outboard ?? - BigBob

exuast

Well well looks like we have some debate on the new sleds .All i will say is at least there YAMAHA .Samuel l jackson I've been running the white knuckle exuast very loud they do offer a trail frendly pipe .also k&n filter kit but theres one more hp gain if you remove the stock snorkles from air box and install them between the carbs and K&N this gives you 3 to 4 hp more plus the added hp with k&N. pat hauck from hauck performence has some very nice cluch set ups and the filter kit he also offers pipes .I ran his set up at this years grass drags I won the improved class .He can help you wake this sled up .p.s this 4 stroke actully makes 3hp more on 87 octane then 93 octane . but would be safer on 93 just some info enjoy

Back