Racing History of the VMax 4 - tell it again.

Thought I would post a couple pictures in case some of you did not see them before. I have the #19 Bender Vmax 4 and I am currently restoring the #91 Mike Sackett Vmax 4. The picture of the #91 is at the shipping terminal three weeks ago. Both sleds were shipped down to me in IL from Alaska where they stored and raced.

If anyone has any pictures 35mm, Polaroid, or Videos VHS, I very much would like to copy them for my archive.

Thanks,

Jon

Attachments

• FIII Lake 3.JPG
    FIII Lake 3.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 453
  • FIII Lake 1.JPG
    FIII Lake 1.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 449
  • Sackett 91 Pick up.jpg
    Sackett 91 Pick up.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 466

I HAVE A TAPE WITH BENDER AND SACKETT RACING I WILL LOOK FOR IT. THEM WERE THE BADDEST F111 SLEDS I EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF WATCHING! NOTHIN COULD TOUCH THEM WHEN THEY HAD THEM RUNNIN RIGHT!TIM LOOKED PRETTY TIRED BY RACE END. HE HAD HIS HANDS FULL WITH THAT BEAST!

Be prepared to make more copies...I'm sue allot of us would be willing to buy tapes, or have them transfered to digital?

found it, and played it its eagle river i need to figure how to transfer to a disc. i will get back to you's soon

I'd like to see the video, too.

Here's some stuff that I saved. If I remember correctly, it was originally posted on the site by Ken, maybe before we switched servers. I looked around a little and didn't see it, so here it is.

Shark

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 309
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 313
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 317
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 309
Luckyone. There are a couple ways you can transfer that tape to digital. I'm assuming it's a VHS? If you have a digital video camera, you can use it's brain as the translater and run from VHS through the camera to the DVD burner on your computer via a USB port. If your camera is capable of this, the directions will be in your owners manual. There are machines that also have VHS and DVD recording capabilities. I have one and it works great but, the disc only plays in that machine, and not a regular DVD, at least not mine and it's a mid range Pioneer unit that's just over 3 years old.
Hope some of this helps with your quest.

Ian

thanks for the info 4with4, im putting my best person on it,my daughter she is the electronic brainiac in the family. when she gets home today that will be her task also going to get the original tape to copy, me and a friend of mine went halves on it and itook a copy of it and never watched it so the quality is not all that great so just bear with me and i will have this real soon!sorry for the wait all!

mark the shark said:
I'd like to see the video, too.

Here's some stuff that I saved. If I remember correctly, it was originally posted on the site by Ken, maybe before we switched servers. I looked around a little and didn't see it, so here it is.

Shark

Shark, do you have these scan's available in a size that can be read? Right now they are pretty blurry and I can not read them. Could you email me readable scans. toizrit@comcast.net or fax readable copies to: 847-697-3273?

Thanks,

Jon

luckyone said:
thanks for the info 4with4, im putting my best person on it,my daughter she is the electronic brainiac in the family. when she gets home today that will be her task also going to get the original tape to copy, me and a friend of mine went halves on it and itook a copy of it and never watched it so the quality is not all that great so just bear with me and i will have this real soon!sorry for the wait all!

Did you ever get this tape converted. If you would like, you could send me the tape and I can convert the VHS to DVD. I have a burner. I also am the person who owns both sleds #19 and #91 and I would very much like to get a copy of this video. Phone: 847-289-1050

Thanks,

Jon Bertolino

#19 and #91 Racing pictures

Guys, a gentlemen was kind enough to scan some images he had taken of the #19 and #91 racing onto a disc and mail to me. Here are a couple of the super cool pictures of the sleds racing.

Jon Bertolino

Attachments

• br13.jpg
    br13.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 352
82SRX500 - Sorry, this is the original size that the pictures were when I copied them off this site. I just tried resizing them with a photo editor, but even blowing them way up didn't make much difference. You should be able to put your pointer on a picture and right click, then "open image" or "save image" to your computer, then magnify them on your screen.

Shark

Here is a couple of #19 pics, Quite an article in the 1993 Sno Goer mag :clap: Check out the "wrapped" pipes.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 317
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
ike, pm me your address. I took the pic's and can burn you a cd. Wish they were a little clearer, That was one of my early cameras, I'm way better now. Hopper

Jon, how's the restoreration on the 91 going? Also how's the book sales going? Glad you could use some of my pic's in your book. thanks Hopper

Back