Racing History of the VMax 4 - tell it again.

turbogriesbach said:
Jon, how's the restoreration on the 91 going? Also how's the book sales going? Glad you could use some of my pic's in your book. thanks Hopper

The #91 is coming along nicely. However, the past bit of time has been spent converting the #19 back to a 4 cylinder from the 3 cylinder that Bender created out of his winning motor. The #19 will be on display at the Snowmobile Hall of Fame Round Up vintage show in St. Germain, WI next weekend (memorial weekend) if anyone would like to stop by and view it.

THe #91 is coming along though. The front end is basically done for the refabrication that needed to be done. Engine is now being reassembled. It will be a slow process to rebuild this sled but hopefully by the end of summer it will be done. Hopefully I will be able to get some pictures of the progress next week to show everyone.

Jon

turbogriesbach said:
Jon, how's the restoreration on the 91 going? Also how's the book sales going? Glad you could use some of my pic's in your book. thanks Hopper

Forgot to mention, the book sales are going nicely. I will be signing them and selling them at the Snowmobile Hall of Fame show. The FIII pictures you sent me were only used on the Webpage: www.toizrit.com/yamahabook.htm under Yamaha Pride. Print clarity prohibited them from being used in the book. Bummer.

Jon

sorry it s takin so long to get back to you all, i have had some issues come up that needed my attention now first off 4with4 i went out and bought a new vcr to dvd recorder and i had the same problem it would only play in the same machine until i read you have to finalize the recorded disc so read in your manual how to finalize the disc then it will play in all dvd players. jon i called and left my number if you want to get a hold of me. the book is excellent! bought it from my local dealer the other day ,good job!as i type the vid is being burnt . this is a copied version of the original tape three of us bought back then so quality is not all that good. tried to get a hold of the original but trying to get a hold of the owner of the tape is nearly impossible!anyway, next feat will be transfering to my computer then to this site so just be patient a little longer please. thanks

anyone have any ideas to get it downloaded on this site? i cant figure out how to download it to my computer but it is on dvd the only thing the computer allows me to do is store it in a folder but is in like 9 seperate sub folders within a folder. i must need to purchase a separate program or something. anyone?

!!!!!!!!!!!!

JON I`ve read your 40 th anniversary book its sooooooo :clap: interesting. My friend who is our national snowmobile magazine (MK-LEHTI) reporter has it. Yamaha guys at -07 snowshoot gave it to him.

Awesome piece of Yammie history and lot of pics of rare racing yamahas.

Everyone one who has change ------>read it

-sami:flagge_fi

Last edited:
well guess what they have to deal with the rx1 and it,s not going away anytime soon along with the 4 stroke turboed phazer.

luckyone - Sounds like you need to convert your DVD to an .iso image. MagicISO will do that: http://www.magiciso.com/ I'm sure there are a lot of programs that will do it, some of them free. The .iso image can be uploaded to rapidshare, or any site like that, or maybe Dean can put it up here.

Shark

Well I would imagine the v4 originated from the TZ750 race bike.......man what a bike......Man what a sled!

TZ750-2a.jpg

My thanks to Wildmax for reviving this thread.

Cheers.
paul

Last edited:
Jon: I don't know what happened of the pictures I sent you, I also posted some of them here, I will post some more that I have. I took quite a few pictures of the #19 & 91 sled before we put the decals on them out at Brainerd for the first Race. We tested out @ Gull lake and thats where I took the Pictures. I also gave Tim a complets copy of them when I had them developed.

Don't know if anyone still looks at this
I have the sled 1992 vnax4 formula 3 built buy Jim kedinger at Yamaha racing # yr00001
I believe it's Rick Haeg's sled #14
Any info out there
Yamadude0

Does it still have the backwards facing three in it? you probably won't be able post pics for a while. pm one off us member that have been on here for a while and we'll post them.

Last edited:

Back