Ready for First NSSR Speed Run of 2010!

quadzillaracer

Just finishing up getting everything ready to head up to Hackensack, MN for the first NSSR 1000' speed run of 2010. We finished last Friday tuning for 2-days on the "Track" dyno and I must say the horsepower we are getting to the ground is INSANE and run after run over 36 psi of boost! We ran the sled up to 180 mph on the track dyno and held the horsepower. It actually makes our 2009 version that ran 162.406 mph in 1000' with 26 psi of boost look rather mild, LOL! We expect with the cold air factor forced into the turbo at 170+mph and blowing across the large intercooler that the sled will be pushing over 600 h.p. going down the track.

I will post results when I get back home on Sunday. We are looking to break 170+ mph in 1000' with a production "Full-Bodied" Turbocharged Vmax-4. Wish us luck, we can "always" use that!

Justin Durand

Last edited:

The best of luck, Justin!! I will be awaiting your update. How can that thing even begin to hook up???

180 MPH on the dyno!?:3speechle:3speechle:3speechle

Crap, we're all gonna have to chip in and buy you a parachute to stop! Good luck hitting 170 and beyond. Be safe and have fun. Will be looking for your update next week!:urock:

Shark

Haha...the funny thing is Shark that it now does have a Stroud parachute on it mounted to the back, LOL! For 2010 NSSR made me do that because it broke the 160 mph barrier. We also worked on the aerodynamics in the front and intergrated an awesome air dam to keep the front end down. As most of you know the belly pan on the Vmax-4 is the worst thing on the sled for 150 mph+ because the sloped front acts like a reversed louver and cuts mph down and wants to flip the sled over.

Take care guys,
Justin

Just read over on Amsnow that Justin blew the track out of the Quadzilla sled and did quite a few cookies before coming to a stop. Any idea what happened Justin?

speednutt said:
Hutch called to give an update. Ed ran 174 and i believe he said Hendricks ran a 171. Also heard that there were two track casualties as well. Justins VMAX spit a track as well as Hendricks. Both supposedly in the 140mph range. No Injuries and both riders rode the sleds out. Hendricks went about 300' past the shut down and Justins VMAX did about 5-10 donuts in the middle of track without ever touching the banks. Glad everyone is alright. That is all i heard for results. Ron should be on here with results shortly.

http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/forums/t/67725.aspx

WOW!!! Glad nobody got hurt!
Justin- let us know how the machine is.
What is the life expectancy of those tracks? Was it an old track, or a new one?

Kahunas, got the Max all ready for the first speed run? There is some snow drags over in Garretson next Saturday!

They are still as I left them last winter. I don't think the V-max would do so hot without studs on ice. The Summit would be a better choice.
You going?

BTW- were you at Poinsett this weekend? We were there on Sat.

Last edited:
Everything is just fine! Track broke @ 155 mph and went into a spin about 10-times and NEVER even hit anything, track blew straight out the back and never even hurt anything on the sled, WOW!!! We had a "rich" problem with pilots and fuel pressure rising with no boost, so the sled gurgled down the track about 70 mph and then finally cleaned out at the 800 ft mark and pulled all that mph in the last 200 ft. We'll be ready to go for Menomonie, WI.

Glad to hear it, Justin! Glad you walked away. You have another track ready?
So how did it feel??? Lots faster than last year? Did it hook up good? Need a driver??? JK!!!!- although I'd love to...
Fill us in, man!!!!

THANK GOD no one got hurt!!!!

also glad the sleds are okay..

ride safe guys...looks like you got the new speed goal made in the shade!! congrats!!

AL P

I hope you threw out the under shorts you were wearing! Nothing like a major malfunction at that speed. Glad to hear you are OK, and it's also good to hear that the sled faired well too.

Back