Rear Skid upgrade Options & Opinions

dgkatz

I'm looking at possibly upgrading to a Pro-action rear suspension on my 94 750. The M10 looks too severe but I've seen a few members here have gone to the pro-action. Is this a worthwhile project and/or are there other options for upgrading the ride?

Skid exchange

I did a 04 RX-1 Skid conversion 3 years ago & I am VERY happy with it.
My conversion was probably a bit more complex than some of the others
since I had to relocate the front holes & add the correct mounting brackets
from the RX-1 skid. That & I wanted to make sure I had a little extra room for
the newer track.

This skid made ALL the difference in the world as far as the ride & handling goes!!

You might want to do a search on some of the past links-post's such as the following that might be of interest to you:

http://www.vmax4.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4126&highlight=RX-1+Skid

http://www.vmax4.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5261&highlight=RX-1+Skid

There are tons of postings here to help you out if you decide to do a change.
I am sure that you will be happy if ya do the change, feel free to post any questions for help here. Lots of guys here will be real helpful.

Good luck with your project !!

Rob

switched to polaris IQ skid last year.pretty simple swap and seems like totally different sled.any skid you use will be a vast improvment over stock.

Save yourself some holes

.......................as you now know any upgrade is an improvement!

Just a thought that may save you a few 'holes'.

Try and decide what skid, track and drivers you are going to run and install them all at once.

The first pic is stock drivers, stock track and Polaris X10 skid

The second pic is Wahl 8t extras, X10 Skid with 1" cut of the front of the rails,2" track and 20-39 gearing(skid is only mocked in, and no motor in sled}.

Moral of the story every hole has moved, the holes will be incorperated into the bracing.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 99

Back