RX-1 clutching? again

racer7x

Turk, what setup do I need in my 05 ?

I know I should have saved this from last time..:bowdown:

I just picked up my 05 today!!! Look out Dean!!:tease: Does anyone have feedback on the power up kit from Simons?

DEAN, DON,T DO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU COME TO JACOBEYS. YOU NEED TO TALK TO BUSTER 696 ABOUT A CLUTCH SET-UP FROM SIMONS CPR FOR THE RX-1. I WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO HIM THERE. !! 3:16 (tony)

Hey Dean whos this Yammiegod (junior member!) Whats he doing sucking up to the moderator to get a better rating?LOL! Just kidding I think the kit 3:16 is talking about is the same one I'm talking about. I know Rick at advant-edge who deals Simons and he gave me good feedback on that kit. By the way mine is blue and I bought it in Ogdensburg NY. Have you had any problems with that suspension yet? Mine was a new old stock. I'll try and get pics but my email is down!

Last edited:
HH weights, 48/40 advant-edge helix, silver spring at 80 wrap. This will run right with a ported 700 SRX.Mine was quickest withthis set up tested including 8bu,s & heelclickers. I don,t remember the exact set up as far as mass in the weights but i can get ya close.Most kits over-rev the engine. You gotta be 9800 rpm holeshot & slowly climbing to no more then 10,200 at WOT.

Last edited:
Hey Turk do you know anyone who has tried the power up kit from Simons? It includes springs, weights, evac kit, filters, rollers, plugs, carb springs and exhaust mod. How do you think it would rank up to your setup? This four stroke business is a whole new world!!

JMINOR, I RACED TWO OF THEM WITH THE EXACT KIT YOU JUST DESCRIBED WITH MY 2002 SRX IN A 1/2 MILE SNOW DRAG LAST YEAR. MY 2002 SRX HAS A 8BU SET-UP I MADE FROM SCRATCH. THESE TWO 4 STROKES ARE VERY FAST AND LAUCH VERY HARD , BUT CAN NOT HOLD ME OFF AND I WALK BY THEM PRETTY EASY AT THE 750 F.T. MARK. NOW I WILL BE RACING THESE BOTH SLEDS NEXT WEEK ON THE GRASS WITH MY VMAX 800, LAST YEAR THEY WERE AT THIS EVENT RUNNING VERY HARD, THAT KIT WORKS PRETTY GOOD!! 3:16 (tony)

I have never tried a "KIT". I know my RX-1 with the above set up would run slightly ahead of a 2002 clutched SRX in just over 1000'. Kits are ok but you can work on em & get a lot more out of em. They will give you a good starting point. Just shoot for the sweet spot & don,t rev it over 10,200 rpm. Under revving is better then over reving with the RX-1.

:goodp: So do you not do anything with the breathing of this motor? Just strictly clutching? Rick @ advant-edge who I've dealt with in the past quite a bit had told me 2 05's 1 stock, 1 with the kit in OVER 1000' approx. 1300' ran 109 stock, 114 w kit. Sounds decent for that length. I would think in a full pull you might get 7-8 mph over stock. How do you think that ranks up to other setups including yours?jminor. P.S. I'm not trying to bash your post by any means here I have'nt talked to you much so I just wanted you to know that.I'm just throwing it out there. It's obvious you've done your homework on these and I appreciate you sharing it with me and everyone else!:bowdown:

I never tried an ECP filter kit. I bought one but went with a Turbo. Some guys are quicker to 80 mph but I have never heard of any top end gains with the filters.

MIKE, I CAUGHT THESE TWO 4 STROKES WAY BEFORE 1000 F.T. ON A 1/2 MILE RUN ON SNOW WITH MY 02 SRX. MATTER OF FACT ONE I TOOK RIGHT OUT OF THE HOLE, THE OTHER ONE BEAT ME OUT BY 2 SLEDS EVEYTIME I RACED HIM AND I REALED HIM AT THE 700 F.T. MARK. GO BY THEM PRETTY HARD, NO CREAPING BY !! 3:16 (tony)

Tony; my results were slightly different then yours. My sled was dialed in very well clutching & suspension wise just before turboization!

Turk said:
HH weights, 48/40 advant-edge helix, silver spring at 80 wrap. This will run right with a ported 700 SRX.Mine was quickest withthis set up tested including 8bu,s & heelclickers. I don,t remember the exact set up as far as mass in the weights but i can get ya close.Most kits over-rev the engine. You gotta be 9800 rpm holeshot & slowly climbing to no more then 10,200 at WOT.

Turk I have the heavy hitters from a viper I just sold. Are they the same weights and I would have to just change rivots? Also I have a silver spring from the same machine, is it the same as what you speak of also? If it is the same and you could give me the mass that would save me alot of money and time. I could get away with ordering a helix from advant-edge and using whats already on my shelf!! Thanks again for your help Turk!:bowdown: Dean I'm getting scared.......For You!!! Just kidding!

OK...this is from memory which sucks. Stock primary spring , 1/4" allen in heel,3/8" steel in 1st hole, 3/8 aluminum in tip, 48/40 advant-edge with silver at 70 wrap. Remember this won,t be 100% but it should be close. 9800 rpm holeshot climbing to 10,200 rpm(no higher) at top speed. Stock gearing; 230 lb rider at 1500' elevation.

Back