vmax4 800 rings

Here we go again, i almost wasnt going to bother, i was hopeing to keep someone on the snow that is counting the cents (like me), next time i wont bother.

The funny thing is ive put new rings in my 750 and 800 both OEM this year .......................i wanted aftermarket for both but there where none avaiable, sold out. SO SOMEONE MUST BE BUYING THEM.

THIS 2010 NOT 1975!

Last edited:
HEY MARKSAN, YOU AND ANYBODY ELSE CAN RUN WHAT YA WANT. THATS WHY I POSTED '' STAY AWAY IF YA CAN ''. WHAT I WOULD DO IF I WERE YOU IS TAKE YOUR OEM RINGS OUT AND BUY THESE. YOU WON,T BE ON THE SNOW FOR LONG. JUST A OPINION POST HERE, I LET MY MOTOR SIT BEFORE I RUN THAT JUNK. 3:16 (yammie tony)

YADA YADA YADA. the 'selective' love of OEM is almost as laughtable as the selective use of the manual and specs, not to forget the citigo/yamalube joke...............................you dont like them and thats fine, dont mean there no good.

Someone will buy them keep quite and be happy.

So, does that mean all after markets shite them tonie?

.....................................or are you still using aftermarket clutch parts, pipes, reeds, cdi boxes etc etc yourself??

LETS SEE MYSELF.
CLUTCH PARTS - YAMAHA
PIPES - YAMAHA
REEDS- YAMAHA
CDI - YAMAHA
HEY MARKSAN, I QUIT WHILE I WAS AHEAD IF I WERE YOU.
TELL YA WHAT , START A NEW POST ON HERE ASKING GUYS WITH VMAX 4,s IF THEY HAVE TO REBUILD THEIR ENGINES, WOULD THEY RATHER USE YAMAHA OR AFTERMARKET FOR NEW PISTONS AND RINGS. IF YOU SKIMP BECAUSE YOUR CHEAP, YOU WILL BE SORRY. THEY ARE AFEW AFTERMARKET COMPANIES THAT HAVE BECOME BETTER LIKE WIESCO, OR COMETIC FOR REPLACEMENT PARTS, BUT DENNIS KIRK OR PARTS UNLIMITED SELL CRAP. 3:16 (yammie tony)

HEY TONIE I WOULD QUIT WHILE I WAS AHEAD I WHERE YOU. YOU SELL/RECOMEND HAUCK SPRINGS FOR A START AND HAVE BEEN DOING SO FOR YEARS..................MAKE YOUR MIND UP!!

UMMMMMM, YOUVE NEVER RUN AFTERMARKET PIPES OR REEDS OR CLUTCHES......................................LOL YEAH RIGHT,

NEXT YOU WILL BE TELLING US YOU RUN YAMALUBE IN YOUR SLEDS LMAO

I AND OTHERS HAVE BEEN USING WIESCO FOR DECADES FOR EXAMPLE AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.

L DOUBT YOU WILL GET PEOPLE TO ADMIT THEY USE AFTER MARKET, OR BUDJET OIL............................................YOU SUPPRISED, LOOK WHAT HAPPENS!!

Last edited:
YOUR RIGHT, PEOPLE HAVE USED WIESCO FOR YEARS WITH KNOW PROBLEM, THOUGHT I POSTED THAT!!!! THESE ARE NOT WIESCO RINGS. HEY MARKSAN, DO ME A FAVOR AND PUT A LINK UP TO U.S. CHROME PHONE #. YOU WILL NEED IT IF YA BUY THOSE RINGS. I,LL SAY IT FOR THE THIRD TIME, NICE OF YOU TO PUT A LINK ON HERE TO THOSE RINGS. REALLY IS. THEIR CRAP. WASTE OF MONEY. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
I have used after market piston and rings once and never a gain, my run never lasted one day when the pin in the piston pushed in for what ever reason and the ring walked around to 2 the open port side and wiped out my jug just like that and at a cost of 500.00 parts and my labor 2 fix it. over the 40 years i,ve been with yami i have never known them 2 have a bad piston pin or rings, and so far the wisceo pistons have been very good. for the 40 dollars u save on piston and ring verse the 500 dollar repair. AL thats my 2 cents

yeah whatever tone, great deflection, you must be a lawyer, " Tone ive never used, do not use, and do not recommend aftermarket parts".................................l never knew amsoil was Yamaha OEM, or dosent that count either??

Last edited:
"I have used after market piston and rings once and never a gain, my run never lasted one day when the pin in the piston pushed in for what ever reason and the ring walked around to 2 the open port side and wiped out my jug just like that and at a cost of 500.00 parts and my labor 2 fix it. over the 40 years i,ve been with yami i have never known them 2 have a bad piston pin or rings, and so far the wisceo pistons have been very good. for the 40 dollars u save on piston and ring verse the 500 dollar repair. AL thats my 2 cents"

lve been using wiseco and other aftermarket pistons-aftermarket gasket sets since i was a lad as you do at 12yrs (infact i would reuse or make gaskets all the time when i was a kid, still make gaskets now for weird hard to find stuff) when you pay for your own stuff, in everything from a yammie FS1E's to proddy racing RD350LCs, open class MX bikes, jet skis and more inbetween than i can remember.ive never had a problem with any of them, if i had i would have stopped using them! just my .02

lve always wondered how much of the 'bad press' that aftermarket has got is due to inexperianced/incomptetent people just doing a cheap half job/not knowing what there doing vs shop repairs that use OEM.

Last edited:
OK guys we are about wrapped up on this I think. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but lets not get carried away with this, Marksan posted a good valid link to vmax4 parts and Tony and others gave their opinions. Marksan thanks for the link, Tony and Allarson thanks for your opinions on those parts now lets drop it and move on or it will have to get locked, its getting away from the original topic.

KNOW PROBLEM JOSH, DON,T KNOW WHY I BOTHERED IN THE FIRST PLACE. I REALLY CAN CARE A LESS WHAT ONE WILL USE. 3:16 (yammie tony)

JUNK...!!!!! JUNK..!!!!!! JUNK...!!!!!!

A nice gesture to post it but aftermarket pistons are a stay-away except for Wiseco..

thats what makes this site a wonderfull place 2 air our opinions and rethink our state of mind right or wrong and sfrom time 2 time make changes. my dad allways said 2 heads are better than one so out of all this some things we could all agree with and some not each for our own likeing with peace AL

wiseco's are fine if you are racing and changing them on a frequent basis.For longevity stick with stock if your sled is stock.

Back