where to buy PSI quad pipe sealing rings!

TZR750

Hey guy's I just picked up a set of psi quad pipes for the 800, they dont have the Sealing rings for the header pipes, anybody know where I can get a set?? maybe sealing rings from other pipes will fit??

I used that copper automotive sealant to seal mine. They have the rings but were leaking. Did you pick up those pipes off Craigslist in warren. They looked good in the pic.

Hi Ted ,yeah bought them today off that guy on craigslist in warren, pretty good shape, ceramic coated supposed to hold more heat..., if nothing else they look good, measured them up 1 and a 1/8 outlet means 800 pipes, strange thou the pipe closest to the recoil does not have a cursive psi stamp like the first 3, is this normal???
but it has the single dot mark marking the first pipe to install, Where do you ride??
doubt psi was making the rings but must have had a supplier source anybody know who??????
if not I'll just have to use the copper high temp rtv sealant which should work, do any of the current pipe mfg's use rings for sealing?
Aaen, SLP, hauck, cpr, slp. ?? if anybody has any of these

I'm pretty sure PSI changed the stamp on their pipes from the original cursive to bold block letters. The picture shows a set of 800 pipes purchased new from PSI in 1997. I have used the red Hi-Temp gasket sealant (pic below) to seal the flanges to the block and to seal the pipe at the connections. It has worked good for me the copper sealant Ted is referring is rated for a higher temp then the red in the picture below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
My 800 pipes have the block lettering. It doesn't look like there is any lettering on the recoil side pipe but I can't see the pipe anyway. My 750 pipes have the cursive lettering. I rode on white lake several times last year.

I measured the outlet O.D. and it's 1 and 1/4'', these are not however the trailblasters with internal stinger tubes, my ends are straight up male only, that plug into the silencer which has the female jacket around it to plug into, the header pipe looks to be about 10' and 1/2'' long Im including the first 1 and 1/2'' collar thats welded to header, any one measure up a headed off a 750??
these must be a older set of 800 pipes due to cursive stamping, but i believe the measurements are validating 800IMG-20131201-00260.jpgIMG-20131201-00265.jpgIMG-20131201-00268.jpgIMG-20131201-00267.jpg

Not sure if they will fit...but the old 535 Vmax did use similar sealing rings on the exhaust headers.

I was looking around and found that Aaen perf has sealing rings, im not sure what sixe they are but will find out Monday when I call them up with my grocerie list I will also call PSi power inc to see if they have any left or can get them as well as the heat sheild and the long spring, if not i will just use the rtv silocone,
Carl quick question your sled will be similar to mine, as I have the proaction suspension, and the Hydraulic brake as well, and now a set of quad pipes, whats your clutching and jetting set-up? also does your drivers skip the track lug's under hard accelaration, I believe we call it ratcheting?

Carl quick question your sled will be similar to mine, as I have the proaction suspension, and the Hydraulic brake as well, and now a set of quad pipes, whats your clutching and jetting set-up? also does your drivers skip the track lug's under hard accelaration, I believe we call it ratcheting?

I just added a set of PSI Mod Blasters to my 95 this summer. I'm starting at 143.8 (stock) and will see how she runs, check plugs to see were I go w/ the carbs. I have a tall cover w/ a WWW spring, stock weights, 49-43 Helix @ 70 Degrees. I'm waiting for the lake by my house to freeze so I can get some testing done. If your drivers are slipping check your track tension. If your track is too loose it will ratchet. Good luck!

Im looking for a tall cover myself if ya know of anyone who is selling one please let me know, I just purchased a W-W-W primary spring, and a 48/42 Helix for the secondary, this set up was for bone stock, I talked to Tony and he said iwith pipes, i would need to put a 4.5 gram weight in tip of stock weights, but still waiting to hear abt seconday set-up what holes to put spring in.
Jetting specs: PSi reccomend's 132 mains for 800 modblasters supposed to be good for 10 degrees, but Im hesitant sounds too lean,

I run 135 mains, 50 pilots, stock needle and screws 1 turn out. It had 132.5 mains and 47.5 pilots when I got it. I went 1 step richer on the pilots and main. Richening the pilot is more impOrtant I think because you ride on the pilot more than the mains. I may have a tall cover if my drag sled tunnel is messed up beyond repair.Need to pull the skid first. I also have 3-4 different helixes if you want to experiment.

Hi Ted and carl, i just purchased a Tall cover off of a RX-1 same 8DF 1763-00-00 that a SRX uses, but hatks for offering ted, i paid $40.00 includes the ride and the 6 bolts, collar, etc.. I figure I cant have enough bolts and stuff.
I also bought a Holtzman tempa Flo for the Vmax 4 with all the extra fittings needed, Supposed to jet it for -20 degree's F
im thinking if you have yours set-up at 135 mains and 50 pilots, your probably jetted good down to about 0 to 10 degree's?
Stock 143.8 is what I have, with 47.5 pilot, and 2 turns out on air screw, should be good to 10 below maybe 20 below? maybe i should go up on the pilot as you did, how come you went 1 turn out instead of stock ??

Also do you or carl have any pics of what the heat sheild looks like i might have to make one?

I am needing the seal rings also for my Exciter, it has psi twins in it, the Aaen seal rings are almost identical, same width, same od compressed, the only diff is the Aaen rings are .010 thicker, shouldn't make a diff. I will know later today when I install them

I know the twins well had alot of those 570's 87-90 mostly, never got a exciter ll thou, always had psi twins on and they always sounded great! Let me know if the Aaen's seal rings work are you using Aaen Part# EXH13016

the Aaen seal rings I have are the same as the psi and fit the pipes, Now, the Exciter pipes have the ring in the pipes not the flange, these rings fit the exciter perfect, the pipe measures 2" where the rings go so is that the same as the V4's?

What is a Holtzman tempa flow?
They were at 1 turn out when I got them. Figure I richened pilots so I could go leaner on fuel screws.

Last edited:
Kaw 550, The vmax 4 psi flange's require a 1.75'' seal ring x qty 2, I got ahold of Bruce at PSI and he has the rings available, I was suprised.... so I picked up 8 of them, not cheap $10.00 each, Aaen's were I think $8.00 each when I called them and I was not sure I would have the exact seal rings needed so i went the for sure way.
for the future and possibly others who might want to get these in the future Can you snap a close up of the rings from Aaen???, and When I get mine in from PSi I will take some pic's of those to compare, also the exahust gaskets that were supplied in the PSi pipe kit's when new, are still available from Yamaha it's a OE part and they cross refference to the old Vmax 540 same part# for Vmax 4.
*Hi Ted a Holtzman tempa flo is a temprature compensator it sits in the Airbox where the Air intake temp is most accurate for jetting.
http://www.holtzmaneng.com
For a descriptive video, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOmTh46ff30 .
my buddy put one on his 97 polaris ultra 680 triple and jetted it for like 5 to 10 degrees above for safety but it only ran good at night when it was 10 to 15 degrees, ooh man it's running good she really likes the cold we would say.. lol if it was 20 to 25 degrees it would just feel and sound really unresponsive and heavy, after he installed the tempa flo it did not matter the temp, it was always crisp spot on and his gas milage went up i couldnt believe how well it ran like all the time

Back