2006 Vmax-4 Upper Peninsula ride Jan 21 -Jan 26th

INTERESTING!! DEPENDING ON SCHEDULE AND HOW PIPES GO MAYBE I WILL COME UP WITH 750 AND 800 SLEDS WITH PIPES ON AND YOU GUYS CAN SEE WHATS WHAT WITH NEW QUAD PIPES. HOW MANY OF YOU PLAN ON GOING AND MEETING VMAX4RULES? LET ME KNOW IF I SHOULD PUT PIPES IN XTRA OVERDRIVE FOR ANY ONE TO SEE AND RUN ON A SLED.

UP

9 days to go at the 'ole ---- hole

Will be throw'in snow

Rock and roll
in the UP for a week:party:

:xmas-smil :sled: :xmas-smil :sled:

Rules Im bein optimistic and still planning on going even though Im sledless at this time.
My 1st trip of the year to the UP (western side) officially starts Christmas day and unfortunatly, Ill be riding a borrowed machine (at least itll still be a yamaha)
Its gonna work out good though, since Ill be driving by KOTL's place, Ill be dropping my sleds off for him to make happen. So God willing Ill be riding with you guys up there.
Schicks800, Are you gonna be up there for sure? Ill bring the LT if so. Id love to hit some western style terrain and virgin snow with that thing!

Oh and KOTL Id love to try a set of your pipes out!

IZZ said:
Rules Im bein optimistic and still planning on going even though Im sledless at this time.
My 1st trip of the year to the UP (western side) officially starts Christmas day and unfortunatly, Ill be riding a borrowed machine (at least itll still be a yamaha)
Its gonna work out good though, since Ill be driving by KOTL's place, Ill be dropping my sleds off for him to make happen. So God willing Ill be riding with you guys up there.
Schicks800, Are you gonna be up there for sure? Ill bring the LT if so. Id love to hit some western style terrain and virgin snow with that thing!

Oh and KOTL Id love to try a set of your pipes out!

Sounds good IZZ, I have my fingers crossed for you!

yeah...ill probably be up there then....jan 20th right? I was up there over Christmas and just got back. The snowmobiling was pretty crappy...but as soon as the get some snow it will be great. They have snow just getting hard a crusty...will make a perfect base though...i put around 100 miles on my sled...so far no problems...runs like a champ. I can't wait till it is totally broken in.

Well it doesnt look like Im goin. Ill be meeting family at lake gogebic on the 26th now after I pick up my sleds in wisconsin, so things arent goin to work out for me to meet you guys up there earlier in the week.
I was lookin forward to meetin some people too. Hopefully some of us can get together after that, anyone have plans for a later ride somwhere?

I would be interested in a march trip...Till I get some butt time on the sled to make sure all is well with it..I just wouldn't want to travel that far and not know for sure. Let us know if you do a march trip....

Hey, I haven't even ridden my sled this year, but I'm still going. I've got lots of spare parts and tools in the trailer. If that fails, I'll have my Exciter as a spare sled. It hasn't even been started yet this year!:eek: :eek: :eek: I'm not worried. There's a good reason why I bought Yamaha's. Bring on the Stump!!!
Shark

up trip

Will be christmas on the 21st/22nd and then to West end and back to christmas on the 26th and 27th. I may take a swing over if there is enough snow.

Tom:banana_1:

So how many are going to be in the great white north for this ride?I can ditch a supprise birthday for a trip like this.
Shark are you takeing the family or going solo cause I'm up for going and blowing off this party(IT is a good friend too)I did tell his wife that if there was snow I'm out of the party and PUNCH2 for the for the sledding!Well punch 3 for this trip anyway,If you want to know what I mean I'll explain that later.
My boss is cool as hell and would let me go early and for days if I asked!Shark let me know and we could travel together if your up for sharing gas bill.

BUBS SRX said:
So how many are going to be in the great white north for this ride?I can ditch a supprise birthday for a trip like this.
Shark are you takeing the family or going solo cause I'm up for going and blowing off this party(IT is a good friend too)I did tell his wife that if there was snow I'm out of the party and PUNCH2 for the for the sledding!Well punch 3 for this trip anyway,If you want to know what I mean I'll explain that later.
My boss is cool as hell and would let me go early and for days if I asked!Shark let me know and we could travel together if your up for sharing gas bill.

As far as I know only me and the Shark are going at this point, shoot him a PM.
You are more than welcome to come, 3 in the motel room is no problem.

3 more days and it's :party: time!!!!

I clear to stay till TUESDAY if necessary LOL,MY BOSS RULES.The guy a winterhaven told me there was 1 rm left and had someone on the other line waiting to take it.Line of bull or what?I might have a buddy coming with so another rm would be best I just have to wait for a yep I'm going and I'm calling the hotel for a room (If its still there).If he says no then Its up to you and shark as to wether or not 3's a crowd.Either way I'm fine,Just want to see the UP trails.I have never been sledding up there,Hunted there plenty out by Bruce Crossings.
I just need to know when your leaving,That way we could at least drive together.

Last edited:
BUBS SRX said:
I clear to stay till TUESDAY if necessary LOL,MY BOSS RULES.The guy a winterhaven told me there was 1 rm left and had someone on the other line waiting to take it.Line of bull or what?I might have a buddy coming with so another rm would be best I just have to wait for a yep I'm going and I'm calling the hotel for a room (If its still there).If he says no then Its up to you and shark as to wether or not 3's a crowd.Either way I'm fine,Just want to see the UP trails.I have never been sledding up there,Hunted there plenty out by Bruce Crossings.

I doubt if he's feeding you a line of bull, there are only 7 rooms at this motel.
Just let us know what's going on and we will plan accordingly.
The snow conditions are not as good as usual, they did pick up 8-12" in the last couple days,
on average this time of year they would have 24" plus on the ground.
Awesome place to ride from you can go in all directions with very few if any paved roads to cross,
the scenery (Grand Sable Dunes, Pictured Rocks, Lake Superior, Tahquamenon Falls etc) is not too bad either.

BUBS SRX said:
I just need to know when your leaving,That way we could at least drive together.

Shark is meeting me at my house (Elmira) around 11am
Our plan was to get up there Saturday evening unload
kick back and let the throttle jockeys wear themselves
out before they head home on Sunday then the next 4
days will have very little traffic or beat up trails to deal with.

Excelent,I need to do quite a bit of stuff before going.Install new trailer tires,put on plates,try to fix one of the ski tie downs(rusted-not used buy previous owner)Install jackshaft bearing into old srx(20 min max),Fix rear brake on truck(adjuster roll pin let the guts fall into drum nasty noise)Change oil and whatever else I can think of,trail permits.I colud go on but I wont.My mom has a place in Fredric,not to far from elmira.
I'm starting rite-------------------------------------NOW!
Call if you want to talk because I'm out the door.Have good night

Back