2006 Vmax-4 Upper Peninsula ride Jan 21 -Jan 26th

Alan - BUBS SRX is meeting me at 8:00 Saturday morning and we're going to caravan up to Elmira. Mapquest says it's 3hrs. 8min. , so after I get lost looking for your house we will probably be there by noon.:confused: :eek:
Shark

mark the shark said:
Alan - BUBS SRX is meeting me at 8:00 Saturday morning and we're going to caravan up to Elmira. Mapquest says it's 3hrs. 8min. , so after I get lost looking for your house we will probably be there by noon.:confused: :eek:
Shark

Excellent I just fired up both sleds and they are ready to go!!

Prep day

Today was a near disaster,I pulled the trailer into the barn to do the checkup,bearings,tires,latches,hold downs.Well lets just say the guy I bought it from must have never removed one of the ski tiedowns,Not to fret a littlte map gas and a bit of muscle and problem solved.Tires:I knew one of them was a slow leaker so I had just bought 2 new tires ffom a store on e-bay($107.00 delivered to door).Rite size perfect everthing,So i jack up the trailer knowing that there was a BIT OF RUST on all the lugs so I had soaked them with PBblaster earlier in the day.I'm hammerein away with the impact and 4 of 5 of the studs threaded out.No biggie just put them to the wire wheel and some more Map gas and a vise job well done.Same with the other side,But wait!!!(DRAMA)This side decided to eat threads and spit out the stud at me laughing in my face,:cussing: .4pm 2 auto parts stores and a hardware and no stud:cussing: .So i drive 15miles down the road praying that the trailer dealer is still open and to my supprise .......It was :urock: .Dude says what you need i say stud and hold up the knarled remains of what used to be holding on part of my rim.He say no problem turns around digs into a bin and pulles out the twin,a perfect match made in heaven.Lugnut ,yes please cool that will be $1.90.
So buy 5 pm I am back in the barn puttin some more wood to the stove,Then the shiney new stud and lugnut went on whithout 1 bit o trouble(BIG SMILE).Trailer done after adding the new licence plate and groovy custom cover.NOw I have to reonstall the jackshaft bearing into my 80SRX to use as backup,Done in just under a half hour.time to load it up next to the newer and bigger brother SXR700.Well now its been SO FRIGGIN NICE OUT Ya know,The drive way to the barn is resembeling mud bog from hell.Got it covered,Sportsman to the rescue!While trying to backup to the barn door so I dont have to ride my baby through the nasty mud bog was quite the challenge.Mud+short wheel base+not having eyes on the back of the trailer was just short of frustrating.I finaly got er done,So how was your day?I still need to pack which is not much,Cold monkey suit and boots,skivies,socks,and some perty smallin water and I'm good to go.I even washed my truck,But forgot to change oil:cussing: !
See you tomorrow guys,I may be in till tuesday after all this today.There is more but thats all the really bad stuff for now.

Sounds like another day in the big city! Glad you got everything done. Did you go to the trailer supply down by Schram's? The last time I needed hinges for my trailer I went to Forbe's down on M-59. It's a small place, but I was told they have everything.
Shark

Iversons on m-59 and Pontiac lk rd,Almost across the street from Lowes home center.
My hinges are the lynch pins front and back,Trailer opens both ways to drive on and off.I did forget 1 thing my trail permits but thats a quick on the way thing so not that big of a deal.

The west end of 59 where it cross's NOT by the Miejers or ABC harley.Its closer to Williams lake rd and 59,Just didnt wat to confuse any one Pontiac lk rd crosses M-59 2X.

Is Iverson's the Haus of Trailers? They sent me to Forbe's because they didn't have my hinges!:D
Alan says there's coffee in the rooms, but to bring your own because they don't provide much. I have some that I'm bringing, so if you bring yours we should be okay. I love my coffee when I get up.
Shark

I like my coffee too,I'll get a head ache if I dont have the caffine by 10.
I'm brining Stewarts hawian blend,Super smooth and taystee.
I dont know if its the haus of trailer,The lot is fenced in and they sell all types from rv to landscape.

Last edited:
Yep, that sounds like the place.
I get headaches without caffeine, too. Coffee when I get up in the afternoon, Mountain Dew Code Red all night.
Shark

Sorry to hear about all the problems you had Rich.

See you guys in about 5 hours!!!!

:party: :sled: :party:

Back