Windshields

mistermax

Hello can someone tell me who makes the mid height windshield that has the step up in the middle. I have been threw the sno-stuff cat and can not seem to find it. there is a used one on ebay that is the style I am speeking of 380209684587 Any body have a part number? Kimpex Maybe?

Thanks
kirk

that style ONLY exsist as OEM..NO after market company makes that style...
i know exactly what shield your talking about..its on ebay, and has had some letters put on it..can`t remember what now..but i seen it earlier while cruising ebay..

only choice you have, is finding a good used one..or maybe a new old stock someone has...

seams like someone would start making that style...hopefully some day they will..

AL P

So that is a stock windshield? What year do you think? Yes it has some ugly stickers on it. Is that it on your avatar pic.?

Yep THANKS thats it sharp! I just looked the oem # up then googled it and it lead me to a aftermaket equivelent. Maybe i will give it a try. thanks again

"aftermaket equivelent"??.... do you have a link???

I could be wrong..but I`m about 99.9% sure, even though there may be a windshiled listed to replace that part number for the 95 and up windshield..its actually differant..it`ll be the same windshieid that came on the vmax 500/600`s...which is differant..

thanks..

AL P

Yeah all the vmax 4`s are interchangable..along with the 500/600`s..its just that the 95 through 97 windshileds are unique...differant then any others..

I`ve searched high and low, for a very long time..and never found an after marlet windshield simular to the stock 95 through 97 style windshield..they list replacements for the 95 through 97..even the yamaha dealer list replacements..but their differant...not the same style..they just give you the same shield found on a pre 95 vmax 4...500/600 vmax..

Last edited:
It looks like you're probably right about the 11" or 11 1/2" windshields. The part numbers seem to match. They've got pictures of the stock and low windshields, too bad they don't have a picture for the one in between. Maybe they would send you an actual picture if you requested it, especially if you tell them that there are other people interested in buying one.

Shark

Are you thinking the 450-613-50 is going to be the same exact shield as mine? the one in my pictures??

as much as I`d love for this to be identical to the 95 style shield..I`m almost positive it won`t be...I spent a rediculess amo8hnt of time looking for a 95 style shield, stock or aftermarket..and found absolutly nothing as far as after market..I`d look up various part numbers, and finaly see a pic etc..and never found one like the stock 95 style...

again, i really hope this is identical, because that would be great to be able to buy a mint perfect replica of the 95 style..
but i`ll be VERY surprized if this is`nt the low one?

Last edited:
Guys. If you look up Cannon Classic Sleds on the internet, he reproduces HIGH QUALITY dead nuts on windshield for vintage sleds. If anyone has what you are looking for, or can produce them, this guy is an artist!!! Located in Cannon Falls Wisconsin I believe, but I,ll be dammed if I can remember his name, but it will come to me. If everyone was serious about these windshields, I,m sure he,d make a run of them. Hope this helps...Rob.

This is a picture of a winshield I bought from MSG supply 2 years ago. I have no idea what the model # is or was but it is real close to OEM. I warn you it is not as sturdy as the OEM ones. I wouldn't be to surprised if this is the same one in question here.

DSC00485..jpg

The '97 I bought used has a Sno-Stuff wind screen. I just noticed this. It looks like the '92 style. Well anyway, It flipped down at 112 while I was putting the icing on an 800 cat. The sudden rush of wind on my helmet scared the s**t out of me.

Does that flip down for more top end? lol Guys Thank you for the feed back and pics. that brings me up to speed on whats out there.

kirk

The sudden rush of wind on my helmet scared the s**t out of me.

I remember the first time I opened mine up going across the lake. There was so much wind pulling up on my helmet I thought it was going to come off. Good thing I had my chinstrap on tight!

Shark

I am trying to attach pics..

Attachments

• CIMG3130.jpg
    CIMG3130.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 142
  • CIMG3128.jpg
    CIMG3128.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 143
  • CIMG3127.jpg
    CIMG3127.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 142