Paint Lake / Dorset

the Wolfman

Well we had our first drags last Saturday.. good turn out of about 50 sleds..track was abit snowy but we're gonna keep it clean now that it's built so by next ( Feb 10th) it should be solid clean ice.
If your up this way drop by, I can give directions.....gonna be every 2 weeks and I'll keep up to date postings...
Ya missed a good day Josh....I came loaded for bear
(and geared properly lol) and took the day..85.7 mph in 500'...we had a glitch with the seimens unit so no times that day but it's fixed now
Hope to see ya there...I'll post a pic or two tomarrow..

Dates are all set for Saturdays Josh..gives us Sunday to play abit more in the morning and then tear down the rigging.
And of course that way we get to party Saturday night in Eric's shop..it's less than 200 ft from the track..and save the hang over for Sunday ..

Nice set up!! Why do you guys run 500 and not 660 on ice? Would like to get down there some time and make a pass or two.

Jabber..biggest reason is the wire run..only have enough right now to do 500'..eventually will make up a harness that will feed out 1000' so we can do 5-660 and 1K..but we like 500' cause ya gotta be sharp..it's the old "yasnoozeyalooze"..lol..no room to grow legs and make up for a bad leave..
But if you're ever in the area..and this goes for all others too.. feel free to drop in and play..open invite to all VMax4 folks..always a good party after..goes for summer too.. we built a 500'grass track in the back 40...

Sounds great!! I'll definately try to make one of your races. What are you using for cabling your timing system? I have a few rolls of cable kicking around here!!! May be able to donate it to a good cause if it will work for you.

cable..

YThanks Jabber..I'll check with Eric to see what config it is and let you know..Hope to see you up here..

ill be there next weekend!! are you gonna be setup?

Where abouts on Paint LK is it?

I'm on Kawagama LK (minden bay)

Last edited:
Yup we'll be setting up early Sat morning and should be ready to run by 11 or so...location is @ the Paint Lake boat ramp...just off shore from there..

the lake is firming up nicely..did a bit of testing today...should be perfect for the 10th

Attachments

• test day.jpg
    test day.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 129
hmm maybe i should install some studs for the weekend....

track looks nice.....

is the track close to Paint lake road. i havent been in that area for a while so i forget the lake a bit.

Dave_Vmax4 said:
hmm maybe i should install some studs for the weekend....

track looks nice.....

is the track close to Paint lake road. i havent been in that area for a while so i forget the lake a bit.
Just come in Paint Lk rd and keep driving about 4-5 km in...keep your eye on the right hand side of the road (lake side) and ya can't miss it....

Just a note....last week end was a bit of a wash out due to heavy drifting and WAY too many %$#&^ cops.....but we are on for this week end 17th with a clear ice track and sunshine in the forecast...JMinor showed up..it'd be nice to see a few more from the site..

the Wolfman said:
Just a note....last week end was a bit of a wash out due to heavy drifting and WAY too many %$#&^ cops.....but we are on for this week end 17th with a clear ice track and sunshine in the forecast...JMinor showed up..it'd be nice to see a few more from the site..

Wolf, I called Larry yesterday and he told me they are cancelled. Hill and Gully site say's they are cancelled also.

http://www.hgrsnowmobileclub.on.ca/

/Dan

Must be some confusion here...i'm talking about the Paint lake Drags..not the Mary Lake radars....yes they are cancelled..but we are a go.....

Wish I was closer, I would love to come and play. Looks like fun.
What kind of trouble the cops give you?? Just excessive speed?

Cops weren't really bothering us at the track...nothing they could do...but just being in the area that day kept a lot away ( exhaust modification laws)...but it was only a one day thing..they won't be there this week end..

Back